My FIL is buying me a boat - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: My FIL is buying me a boat

Member #
    Liked
    33529 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Negative. The “incident” involved my FIL hitting a $100k dock attached to a $1 million house, messing up some trim and sailing away. All because I didn’t speak up “aren’t we approaching that dock quickly?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I was about 5 or 6, I was riding with my Dad in his boom truck to pick something up. He had to back into a big garage-like building but the doorway was so narrow, we had to pull the mirrors in to get inside. He had me watch my side out of the back window as we were backing in and just about a foot from the doorway, he asked if it was all clear. I said "Yeah...but there's just one thing..."......then a loud crunch. The "just one thing", was that the boom was about 6" higher than the doorway. ...he never let me forget that.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    22351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    When I was about 5 or 6, I was riding with my Dad in his boom truck to pick something up. He had to back into a big garage-like building but the doorway was so narrow, we had to pull the mirrors in to get inside. He had me watch my side out of the back window as we were backing in and just about a foot from the doorway, he asked if it was all clear. I said "Yeah...but there's just one thing..."......then a loud crunch. The "just one thing", was that the boom was about 6" higher than the doorway. ...he never let me forget that.

Oh, yeah...it's the 5 year old's fault. That will totally fly. With nobody.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2523 times
    A couple of things.

First, I'd take that bench seat up front. I don't know what your plans are, but me, a boat with a bench seat, and a drop-dead gorgeous wife out alone on a lake....well I'll leave it at that.

Second, how well do you get along with her dad? I've seen a Lifetime movie (or was it Hallmark?) like this. Father-in-law buys boat, takes son-in-law on fishing trip, father-in-law comes back alone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41753 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    A couple of things.

First, I'd take that bench seat up front. I don't know what your plans are, but me, a boat with a bench seat, and a drop-dead gorgeous wife out alone on a lake....well I'll leave it at that.

Second, how well do you get along with her dad? I've seen a Lifetime movie (or was it Hallmark?) like this. Father-in-law buys boat, takes son-in-law on fishing trip, father-in-law comes back alone.
    Won’t happen because then he’d have to support her.

DeltaBravoKS likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    504 times
    25 years on Marine Division,Our vessel were starting with my favorite DOLPHIN ,Center Console with twin 175 HP O/B ,Mako Center Console with 175 single O/B , Boston Wahler with 175 H/P Center Console Great for running atlantic and North Shore Bays and rivers,Caught many a Shellfish/Lobster Poacher ! For the calm Lakes and rivers a Pontoon has its comfort but don't expect to out manueuver or out race all of the vessels I posted. But Free is free and what they say is true,A Boat is a hole in the water you will pour money into. Congrats
    Texheim likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21888 times
    Another option would be to drop one of those mini-houses on it and making it a hunting/fishing lodge.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2523 times
    Won’t happen because then he’d have to support her.

You must have seen a different movie. In the one I saw, there was a big life insurance policy!
    Peacemakr40 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Makes for a plausible alibi as to how you lost so many guns in a boating mishap.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    41753 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    You must have seen a different movie. In the one I saw, there was a big life insurance policy!
    I don’t have one of those

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    19232 times
    I don’t have one of those

Not one that you are aware of anyway!!
    william and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links