Window 10 Rant - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Window 10 Rant

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22958 times
    My youngest son is a computer science major who works IT for a Fortune 500 company. He rebelled against MS and bought a MacBook and went bonkers for MAC. Once he hit the real world no one runs businesses in the Mac world. Mostly he writes a bunch’a code to run business processes and SQL DB queries. He’s like a born again MS fan. Me? If I could run MS Win 7 I would be fine. All the updates just contain a lot of bloated programming code which slows down processes. When I opened my business back in 1989 I used a $5 software to make all my documents - oh, and we started with MS DOS and updated to a Win platform a year or so later. How many people actually use all the functionality available in the current version of MS Word? So, give me Win 7, MS Word 2007, eXcel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 and I can run any business from my home.
    darbo, jwc007 and CWB like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    My youngest son is a computer science major who works IT for a Fortune 500 company. He rebelled against MS and bought a MacBook and went bonkers for MAC. Once he hit the real world no one runs businesses in the Mac world. Mostly he writes a bunch’a code to run business processes and SQL DB queries. He’s like a born again MS fan. Me? If I could run MS Win 7 I would be fine. All the updates just contain a lot of bloated programming code which slows down processes. When I opened my business back in 1989 I used a $5 software to make all my documents - oh, and we started with MS DOS and updated to a Win platform a year or so later. How many people actually use all the functionality available in the current version of MS Word? So, give me Win 7, MS Word 2007, eXcel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 and I can run any business from my home.
    So what I’m hearing is; with all that education, he is coding and programing for WIN with his MAC.

THAT’S what I call an Education!

posted from my iPhone as it backs up to my mac
    darbo likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23588 times
    You may find this to be of interest...........or disgust

darbo likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    Sounds like MS is using a modified Oracle model approach to bugs. Oracle rolls out a buggy release and then charges their users to fix it. MS is just not at the point of charging the users to fix their bugs, but they do rely on their users to give them a lot of free bug testing.
    darbo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    There is a new roll out (Download) of PCLinuxOS that has just come out, so it has all the latest software. Three versions out now in KDE, Mate, XFCE desktops.

So cool ice cubes are jealous » PCLinuxOS

This is their homepage, if you look on the left side there is a list of back issues of their magazine. Thumb through a few versions to see what it is all about. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.
    darbo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    140 times
    The everyday joke back when I was a desktop IT guy and then when I managed others doing that job went something like this.
    What does MS call a new release of software: An Upgrade.
    What does an MS customer call new a release of software: A Virus.

Solution was to turn off every possible auto upgrade and mongering control we could find.
    IF we had to have fix or feature we first did full mirror backups.. then installed ourselves. But never on a Friday.
    darbo and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    Back to OP's original request. There is a new free version of Clonezilla out.

https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla...63-7-released/
    darbo and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    A new version of PCLinuxOS has been released.

https://www.pclinuxos.com/
    jwc007 and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    949 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post

I see things now about what has come to light about these corporations and it scares me. The government is not allowed to censure us, but Google, Facebook and Amazon and the companies they own do censure our thoughts. Project Veritas brought to light in the 2016 national elections on video 2 of the "Fixers" for the DNC that both said, "We have psychos who we pay to do things." We have the sudden appearance of mass shooters, all of whom are mentally unstable, but who were all Liberals before they committed these crimes. How does the DNC find these people? With all the data they have available, does anyone doubt that these corporations already have the algorithms to identify these people? The result in DC to these attacks (while totally ignoring Chicago and other big cities run by Dems) has been the idea of "Red Flag" laws. Somehow I think these corporations will be providing the red flags for the government by running their algorithms on our data. I find it interesting that while the government can not legally collect data on Americans, it is perfectly legal for the government to analyze data given to them by these corporations. It is becoming clear to me that these corporations will be the organizations who will control our Constitutional Rights. They don't have to take all of our guns, only the guns of those who might oppose them. Just like they don't have to take everyone's right to free speech, only the words of those who oppose them.
    IMO, just part of the overall long term plan that has been in place for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, and has started to snowball in the last few decades. The 'One World Order', ultimately control everyone under one power. The U.S. being the one last stronghold against it, specifically our constitution. Get rid of the guns and get rid of God, then just rope em in. First go for the 2A, after that the 1A and 4A tumble quickly. The brainwashed sheep being manufactured by our universities haven't got a clue. ...... But that was all part of the plan.
    darbo likes this.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37451 times
    My Windows 10 finally updated and I'm not having any problems with it now.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links