Window 10 Rant - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Window 10 Rant

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20415 times
    My youngest son is a computer science major who works IT for a Fortune 500 company. He rebelled against MS and bought a MacBook and went bonkers for MAC. Once he hit the real world no one runs businesses in the Mac world. Mostly he writes a bunch’a code to run business processes and SQL DB queries. He’s like a born again MS fan. Me? If I could run MS Win 7 I would be fine. All the updates just contain a lot of bloated programming code which slows down processes. When I opened my business back in 1989 I used a $5 software to make all my documents - oh, and we started with MS DOS and updated to a Win platform a year or so later. How many people actually use all the functionality available in the current version of MS Word? So, give me Win 7, MS Word 2007, eXcel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 and I can run any business from my home.
    darbo, jwc007 and CWB like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13586 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    My youngest son is a computer science major who works IT for a Fortune 500 company. He rebelled against MS and bought a MacBook and went bonkers for MAC. Once he hit the real world no one runs businesses in the Mac world. Mostly he writes a bunch’a code to run business processes and SQL DB queries. He’s like a born again MS fan. Me? If I could run MS Win 7 I would be fine. All the updates just contain a lot of bloated programming code which slows down processes. When I opened my business back in 1989 I used a $5 software to make all my documents - oh, and we started with MS DOS and updated to a Win platform a year or so later. How many people actually use all the functionality available in the current version of MS Word? So, give me Win 7, MS Word 2007, eXcel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 and I can run any business from my home.
    So what I’m hearing is; with all that education, he is coding and programing for WIN with his MAC.

THAT’S what I call an Education!

posted from my iPhone as it backs up to my mac
    darbo likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21054 times
    You may find this to be of interest...........or disgust

darbo likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10992 times
    Sounds like MS is using a modified Oracle model approach to bugs. Oracle rolls out a buggy release and then charges their users to fix it. MS is just not at the point of charging the users to fix their bugs, but they do rely on their users to give them a lot of free bug testing.
    darbo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    10992 times
    There is a new roll out (Download) of PCLinuxOS that has just come out, so it has all the latest software. Three versions out now in KDE, Mate, XFCE desktops.

So cool ice cubes are jealous » PCLinuxOS

This is their homepage, if you look on the left side there is a list of back issues of their magazine. Thumb through a few versions to see what it is all about. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.
    darbo likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    The everyday joke back when I was a desktop IT guy and then when I managed others doing that job went something like this.
    What does MS call a new release of software: An Upgrade.
    What does an MS customer call new a release of software: A Virus.

Solution was to turn off every possible auto upgrade and mongering control we could find.
    IF we had to have fix or feature we first did full mirror backups.. then installed ourselves. But never on a Friday.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10992 times
    Back to OP's original request. There is a new free version of Clonezilla out.

https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla...63-7-released/
    darbo and jwc007 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links