Commentary on our society today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Commentary on our society today

Member #
    Liked
    4642 times

Commentary on our society today

I believe this pretty much defines what is wrong with this country today. And it should be worrisome to us all.

Click the "Pause" button on the illustrations so you can fully understand what they signify.

And I believe it illustrates why our 2A rights are under siege. Because there is no conscious thought behind the arguments against. It's just mindlessness.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    3865 times
    For me that is funny because I am a dinosaur in that I do not have a cell phone, not twitter, no Facebook, no Snapchat! But I have been to that Dinner table!
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2549 times
    Hmmm. Could be a sermon. We spend our time chasing objects. Maybe there is a real purpose to life and we should be seeking it instead.
    230JHP and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7781 times
    So much truth in that video that is is unreal.

My family ABSOLUTELY HATES me when I host a family get together. I MAKE them put their cell phones into a basket at the start of the get together, and ONLY allow them to see those phones when we are NOT doing family activities, like eating a meal, or other activities. I have complete control over that basket and who accesses it and when they can have access to it. Sorry, you are here to enjoy family, NOT to be on your cell phone. You can do that on your own time, NOT during my family gatherings.

And yes, I DO NOT have a fancy cell phone, nor a Facebook or Twitter account. I have NO time for social media, nor any interest in what so called "celebrities" are eating, doing, or what their flatulence smelled like after their last meal.
    230JHP, darbo, 777Driver and 2 others like this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    9407 times
    Like he says in the video these things are not necessarily bad if used properly. When people text each other when they are sitting right beside each other vs actually talking to each other etc is when there is a problem ! Way too many people are hooked on their phones etc !
    777Driver, 230JHP and Desperado like this.
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20408 times
    I think the video is spot on. Great pronouncement on the deteriorating society of this (potentially) Great Country. Wanna know why kids just shoot up places? They have no social skills. No getting the kids together for a neighborhood game. No one learns how to lose a game anymore. There are no good sports. When I played ball (preteen) the winning team and losing team high fives each other after the game then went and ate burgers together.

When X box first came out which allowed real time online playing with people all over the globe we had to ban X box for 3-4 days at a time because of the language. The kids learned to use a headset but the first time I heard a profanity I turned it off until the next day.

And there have been plenty of programmers who have quit Facebook and Twitter and Google once they realized that the programs they were working on were specifically meant to engineer behavior. So it’s a real threat.
    jwc007, Desperado, 230JHP and 2 others like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21054 times
    Here's a companion Video to that:

777Driver, WoodyUSSLUCE and darbo like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    1103 times
    I have an iPhone, iPad, and a PC laptop; but I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat account.
    In fact, this TaurusArmed forum is the only social media I have.
    Does that make me particular, or peculiar?

Member #
    Liked
    4642 times
    And don't let the irony escape you that these are You Tube commentaries we are reading on an Internet forum. I guess the difference is on the individual, how often it's checked.
    darbo and jwc007 like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    19571 times
    Oh the irony.

Yesterday morning, just after watching the video in the OP, I here the neighbor Mom say to her 5/6 year old daughter, " you are talking just way too much to me right now". Of course I look out the window and Mom is sitting on the porch step with cigarette between fingers on right hand and both hands holding the cell phone and typing.
    TrucksNCoffee and jwc007 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links