Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Florida Members bracing for Hurricane Dorian

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46574 times

Florida Members bracing for Hurricane Dorian

Looks like everyone in Florida could get a little of this one. Watching closely, a lot can still change before it is estimated to make landfall. Anyone in Florida pay attention and be safe.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    35207 times
    Hopefully she is mostly a rain event for yall!
    Kevin Keith and ICUKev like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    6034 times
    I don't know about that! I just saw the latest bulletin and they say that it will be at least a cat 4 by the time it makes landfAll.

I wish all good luck and make intelligent decisions to protect y'all and your families...

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4169 times
    We have already filled all 3 vehicles with gas and have 30 gallons in cans for the generator. Picked up a bunch of water and non-perishables. Shutters are ready to go up, all that's really left is to install the concrete anchors for the boat tie downs. We are ready, so it will miss us....
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10678 times
    Living on the opposite coast from landfall I'm hoping that it will get torn apart by having to traverse all that mountainous terrain on the Florida peninsula- some crests as high as 20 - 25 ft.

We are ready, so it will miss us....

Hopefully so for all of us.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    I always keep at least a months worth of canned food and water year round. I filed up 6 cans of gas last night. Mowed my yard and put the storm panels up today. Brought all the patio furniture in, still need to put my grill in the garage.

I've heard this will be the worst storm to hit the east coast of FL. in 30 years.

Member #
    Liked
    989 times
    Looks like we here in Florida are going to get hit no matter where we are. How severe and when are the big questions. At least I am inland and not directly on the coastline.....not that a Cat 4 is going to die out before it hits me in north central Florida. Good luck to all and all the prayers are welcome.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19570 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    Living on the opposite coast from landfall I'm hoping that it will get torn apart by having to traverse all that mountainous terrain on the Florida peninsula- some crests as high as 20 - 25 ft.
    Hopefully so for all of us.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Too bad it's not later in the year, those high mountain resorts might have gotten an early start on the ski season.
    coopercdrkey and bobbojama like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3981 times
    Pray for us please. I hope the Almighty will shield us from the worst. I trust in Him.

The roof is fairly new -- a year old. Biggest problem is there are a LOT of folks here that are fairly recent arrivals -- and they are freaking out
    Qwiks draw, darbo and bobbojama like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8312 times
    Prayers to all! I just spoke with my Aunt and they are in Ocala. They are getting ready.

They have a cinder block house, many new homes are self destruct stick homes!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Qwiks draw and bobbojama like this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links