Writing Letters - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Writing Letters

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    Just to make myself clear, I'm no fan of the judge.
    The point was to pick up some lines about the Second Amendment to insert in our letters. His personal opinions are, well, his opinions.

We the people have forgotten or have been conditioned to believe we don't have the power. Everyone in the three separate, but equal branches of government, report and are accountable to us, the people. They are our servants and we should start calling them exactly that.
    If we don't like something the SCOTUS decides on, we can change it, if we are in concert. Admitting, it's not an easy task and the framers made it so, intentionally.

People don't like the Second Amendment, they can change it... and I wish them luck with that.
    CaptainMorgan and kmw1954 like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    5436 times
    I wrote my own letter to my representatives and to the president because of this thread. It is short and too the point, I kept it respectful and let them know my opinion.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1607 times
    Sad to say mass shootings is the sign of the times. We need to address the problem of the mentally ill. In most if not all cases these mentally ill individuals are obviously not getting the help that they need. I know of several state mental institutions that have closed for lack of gov. funds. Where are all these patients winding up? Most find them selves homeless and some living with family that are incapable or not willing to provide proper care.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times
    Taurus1965 there is a whole shopping list of things that are contributing to this problem not just mental stability. My belief is that our society as a whole is in decline, we have lost or are losing our moral value. I mean when a human life can be worth less than someone standing on a street corner, GMAB! Also just seen a story after I go home tonight od a teen boy shot and Killed for stealing a $2.00 drink. So sad.
    Taurus1965 likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    I wrote my own letter to my representatives and to the president because of this thread. It is short and too the point, I kept it respectful and let them know my opinion.
    Good for you! Now just do not get offended if you only receive a thank you form letter back.

I have a Senator that is not very active on this issue one way or the other but he is very active on a few other issues that to me are just as important to mine and the countries well being. He came in with the TEA PARTY movement. I will continue to support him.

I imagine at some time this week I will be writing a letter to our Governor, Tony Evers. I just need to think about how I want to voice my opposition to his ideas and do it without name calling, being derogatory or threats. Those things have a way of shutting down a conversation.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    861 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Sad to say mass shootings is the sign of the times. We need to address the problem of the mentally ill. In most if not all cases these mentally ill individuals are obviously not getting the help that they need. I know of several state mental institutions that have closed for lack of gov. funds. Where are all these patients winding up? Most find them selves homeless and some living with family that are incapable or not willing to provide proper care.
    Interesting, but again it begs the question of 'who regulates the regulators'?. ....... or 'who' determines a mental issue, and 'what' is the motivation of 'that' determiner? ....... See the slippery slope? ..... Politics and ideology can be easily be imposed through a 'back door'.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    861 times
    Before we trumpet the protection of the 2nd amendment, make sure you read it. ...... The government could outlaw every firearm except one single shot .22, without ammo, and STILL not violate the 2A. ........ So in reality, the 2A offers near nothing in protection.

Military and police firepower ...... limitless.

“..To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them..”. ......... George Mason
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times
    A recent update to my efforts.

As I reported earlier I did receive a response letter from US Sen. Steil and I hope to stay in contact with his office. Well today I received an email letter from our State Senate President Sen. Roger Roth. Again this was a personal letter addressing issues and not just a Thank You form letter. I found this very encouraging! So much so that it has strengthened my resolve to write to Gov. Evers and the other Democrats in the Capital.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    4266 times
    I sent the GOA letter directly from their sight to all the GOP Senators. below is the text of what I sent to Scott and Rubio....

We do not need more gun control laws. We need to enforce the laws already on the books. When was the last time someone was prosecuted for lying on the 4473 form? When were the minimum sentences for gun crimes fully enforced? None of the new, so called improved common sense gun control schemes proposed, would have prevented any of the mass shooting and killings to date. Existing laws could have prevented Parkland, but the governments failure to enforce the law on the books allowed the carnage! The fault lays with the govenment, Not the law abiding gun owner.
    Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States, and one of the most horrendous gun related crime rates, yet they do not prosecute those who commit these crimes to the full extent of the law. The address/link below details arrests for various gun related crimes and actual charges rendered... The first individual is a convicted felon in possession of 2 Short Barreled Rifles ($10k/10yrs each) and various handguns, he is out on the street with only $500 bond.......

Respectfully Submitted,

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/08/cops-say-he-had-all-of-these-guns-and.html
    kmw1954 likes this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    3909 times
    This is just to report that in todays mail I received a written letter from my State Senator that I had contacted. Once again this was not a Form Letter and again it addressed a number of the issues I wrote about but mostly the body of his letter addressed RED FLAG laws and he has echoed a number of the same sentiments that I have as to their legality and due process.

I cannot express just how impressed and proud I am of our State Representatives to actually take the time to respond and not send Form letters.

Join the fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links