• 1 Post By grumpyoldcomputerguy
  • 1 Post By kschilk

Thread: Pound sand?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21634 times

Pound sand?

I know many of us claim to have been on the original “dirt design” committee - along with God and others.

Maybe we didn’t finish the job because some folk are just getting around to designing sand for industrial purposes . . . .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    4110 times
    Wait until sand has artificial intelligence.

Then yer in trouble
    darbo and william like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4367 times
    This must be the stuff that some of our politicians than been asked to pound...??

Name:  poundsand.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  26.7 KB
    darbo likes this.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19926 times
    So the Saudis have found another way into our pockets.
    sgtsandman likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32154 times
    Sounds like cold fusion to me.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    FYI:
    Sand has been used in fracturing "frackin" wells for many years. I'm not an oilfield engineer but like many people in Oklahoma and Texas worked in the oil fields in my much younger days. I do know that engineers are always looking for better materials (read sand) with which to "frack" a well. Sounds like they made some more progress.

And yes, some of us are almost as old as dirt. (according to my grand kids anyway)
    Bruntson likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    9402 times
    Sand is great for filling in divots at the golf course.

Nice to see it has many other applications.

Member #
    Liked
    34690 times
    I'm not quite old enough to have been on the design team but when God created the Heavens and the Earth......I was the one that got stuck pushin' the wheelbarrow.
    airwrench likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    1915 times
    If fracking sand diesn't move you, then d not even BEGIN TO THINK about foundry sands. Ty0es, sizes, hardness, abrasive or not, ability to compress, strength when compressed, ability to withstand heat, adherence to the metal being poured, - - - oh, and the list goes on.

Nice little puffpiece on Aramco.

Now where fracking has my attention is the Cummins diesel engines used to run the pumps. The Western Star I was driving six years ago broke down in Waco - I limped into Stewart & Stevenson and spent a long weeked while they repaired it. While there, I saw a Cummins V-12 block with cylinders wider than Mrs. Flash's best china dinner-plates. It ran a pump that produced as much pressure at its output as does your 357 in the chamber, to pump liquid or mud, down these oil wells. Now THAT'S worth a page of advertising, but they do it all day, every day and don't seem to make any special mention of these facts.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Sponsored Links