Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The epitome of athlete’s privilege and ego

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21131 times

The epitome of athlete’s privilege and ego

Dak Prescott - hmmmm, hmmmm , is he worth $30 Million/year or $40 Million/year to the Cowboys? What’s wrong with minimum wage for athletes?

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-dak...205756042.html
    kruizer, kschilk and 777Driver like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2878 times
    But, but , but, he's important.
    jeeper1 likes this.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

Member #
    Liked
    22901 times
    When morbidly obese men stop going to the games and pretending their face paint and shirtless beer gut,
    screaming and drinking has anything to do with the outcome of the game maybe it will change.
    Good grief, who am I kidding.
    I haven't watched a pro sport of any kind for at least 20 years.
    They are boring. Sports are to be played, not watched.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    I've slowly lost interest in sports over the past 20 years. I dont blame the athletes for asking for or getting X amount of money. The league generates revenue to pay their salaries and has the money to spend. If he doesnt ask for or get what he wants then someone else will pay him. Teams have a salary cap and have to spend that money in order to compete. I feel like I'm worth X amount of dollars and I am not getting quiet that much. I have the option to quit and go somewhere else or take it, just like they do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    dogchild likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22224 times
    This isn't done by Dak but by his agent(s). After the story Broke, Dak was interviewed and indicated that he just wants to play football. That's all he's focussed on. Higher salaries mean higher earnings for agents so his story does have some legitimacy.
    Desperado likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    8214 times
    No sports figure alive is worth more than a million - more like half that. Pro sports was ruined when agents took over. I just want to see them all go belly up.
    Desperado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34418 times
    It should be like motorsports, a single purse for each game and it gets divided up among the players according to scores.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    This isn't done by Dak but by his agent(s). After the story Broke, Dak was interviewed and indicated that he just wants to play football. That's all he's focussed on. Higher salaries mean higher earnings for agents so his story does have some legitimacy.
    Maybe for him but anyone representing me turns down $30 Million for 1 year’s work is gonna get fired! I could live extremely will on the $30Million.
    Desperado likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    5154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruizer View Post
    But, but , but, he's important.
    If he is so darned important, why have I never heard of him?
    william likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Umm, yeah -- sure. It's all his AGENT'S fault.

"Fans, don't be mad at ME -- I'm on YOUR side. It's that mean old agent who's MAKING me hold out for the extra $10 million."

Paging Mr. Oney. Mr. Bull Oney, would you please pick up the red courtesy phone?

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent -- me -- since forum decorum prohibits me from using Mr. Oney's TRUE last name).
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links