Is logic the same thing as common sense? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is logic the same thing as common sense?

Member #
    Liked
    7139 times
    Keep in mind that Richard Nixon also promoted gun control legislation. I can still remember President Nixon campaigning on TV against "saturday night specials." I was about 12 or 13 at the time, as I recall.

Is logic the same thing as common sense?
    Two different things. Sometimes they lead to the same conclusions, sometimes they don't.

Member #
    Liked
    7139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Common sense isn't common and many times is completely wrong. Logic, if applied correctly, is always right, IF you are searching for a logical answer. Emotional inputs or a desire for the same in outputs, negate both common sense and logic.
    Pretty true. Common sense has helped people survive many times. But science has also helped people survive, and science is often counter-intuitive, or uncommon sense.

Member #
    Liked
    22239 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Common sense isn't common and many times is completely wrong. Logic, if applied correctly, is always right, IF you are searching for a logical answer. Emotional inputs or a desire for the same in outputs, negate both common sense and logic.
    Use logic to determine the factuality of "everything I type is a lie".
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links