Anyone here workout for fitness ?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Anyone here workout for fitness ?

Member #
    Liked
    7416 times

Anyone here workout for fitness ?

I been seriously thinking i need to get back in shape and loose quite a few lbs . Iím getting ready to buy a exercise bike for my legs but have been doing alot of research on the Total Gym exercise equipment . https://totalgymdirect.com/

Anyone here doing any exercise with equipment to stay in shape ? I know there are a few that need it but a few will joke about it but when i think about how old Iím getting and how I donít want to be or look like in 10 yrs itís really been on my mind . Anyone want to pitch in and tell what they do for fitness ??

Member #
    Liked
    22053 times
    Don't buy that stuff new. You can usually get it for pennies on the dollar used. I've been thinking the same thing. I did work out for years, and then had an injury that prevented it. But that's over after I had surgery to fix it. I should get back into it but I think I'll go to a gym. Maybe there's some other old farts there. They should have a bar....and burgers...yeah burgers.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    My wife and I go to a 1-hour exercise class at my church three days a week. It is sponsored and paid for by our local hospital so participants' cost is zero. We warm up, work with hand weights, do pushups and planks, work on balance, stretch, etc. Texas Health is the hospital group and they are looking for ways to improve health in the general population. You might check around and see if something similar is available in Midland, or you could try to get it started there. Been doing it for about four years now and I'm sure it has me in better shape than I would be without it. Regular attendance is between 10 and 20. Ages range from 50s to 80s. (I'm 73, wife 64.)
    In addition to my church they have a class at another local church and at our local community center. I highly recommend it.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    Taurus M65
    S&W 642
    FNH FNX-9
    Kahr CM9
    Canik/TriStar S120
    Browning Buck Mark Plus
    Savage/Stevens M58 20ga.
    Remington Speedmaster .22

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3880 times
    I see a lot of exercise equipment at garage sales and thrift stores...... Cheap..
    A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10573 times
    I have an older model Total Gym that I use mostly to maintain muscle tone and to stretch out. At my age I have no delusions of body building, but I don't want flabby triceps either! Just ten to twenty minutes a session will do me just fine.

In addition to that, there is no substitute for walking. Again, I don't feel I have to do 5 miles every day, (although I will if the time and weather is right), but a minimum of 2 to 3 miles keeps me feeling good, which his the sole purpose for my exercise program.

Weight control is an entirely different matter. By most BMI charts I am a couple of tenths of a percent overweight which suits me just fine. I do not intend to deprive myself of the wonderful home cooking that my wife takes such pains with, nor do I intend to quit drinking entirely. Moderation? Yeah, I guess so... (Maybe a little more...).

For a guy my age, 74 if you need to know, I can still do a day's work like I used to- it just takes me two days....
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    7416 times
    I use to have a gym set all in one but a few yrs ago I let a step daughter and her husband take it out to their farm and use it but after about 6 months they destroyed it and it eventually disappeared . Wish I had never let that happen . but now I want simple equip I can do at home that works . That's why i'm about to get a inside exercise bike first then looking at the Total Gym a little later down the road .

Member #
    Liked
    7416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    I have an older model Total Gym that I use mostly to maintain muscle tone and to stretch out. At my age I have no delusions of body building, but I don't want flabby triceps either! Just ten to twenty minutes a session will do me just fine.

In addition to that, there is no substitute for walking. Again, I don't feel I have to do 5 miles every day, (although I will if the time and weather is right), but a minimum of 2 to 3 miles keeps me feeling good, which his the sole purpose for my exercise program.

Weight control is an entirely different matter. By most BMI charts I am a couple of tenths of a percent overweight which suits me just fine. I do not intend to deprive myself of the wonderful home cooking that my wife takes such pains with, nor do I intend to quit drinking entirely. Moderation? Yeah, I guess so... (Maybe a little more...).

For a guy my age, 74 if you need to know, I can still do a day's work like I used to- it just takes me two days....
    I need to loose about 50-60 lbs to be back in good shape . Same here , don't want muscle man look , just look good and feel better .

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    I have a stationary bike that has to be 25 years old and still works fine. I ride it for time and distance and not so much for speed. This winter I also started to use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They are sold in different levels of resistance so you can start easy and work your way up or simply increase the number of repetitions. After a few weeks of three times per week I felt a significant increase in muscle tone.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33075 times
    I have a home gym, similar to this but an older model and a tad more versatile.
    Name:  prod_16638681640.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  11.1 KB

I originally got it to train for racing, later used it to just stay in shape for playriding but found it came in most handy for rehab of broken limbs......actually had more of those from playriding, than I ever did from racing. ...I take my play very seriously.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    19311 times
    A few years ago I started my health/weigh loss program. Of course a big diet change was needed, mostly cut the carbs. The other component was buying a mountain bike. Yes I know Fl. doesn't have mountains, that's just what the bikes are called! Get over it! I lost 40# and it was great! Then came this surgery, that surgery. Off the bike for over a year. Got lazy with the diet. I can tell you this for a fact...it comes back a lot easier than it goes away.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links