Home Depot has gone Cashier-less
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Home Depot has gone Cashier-less

Member #
    Liked
    48027 times

Home Depot has gone Cashier-less

I walked into a local Home Depot today and found the registers are all 100% helpee selfee. Not a cashier with an old fashioned register to be found.
    I asked if they were going to pay me and give me benes. The humor was lost somewhere in the plumbing section. There goes a few more of those $15.00 an hr. jobs
    We the People...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32599 times
    See those in Lubbock, but checkers and registers are still there too. Maybe the beginning of phasing out.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    3889 times
    Ours still has people at registers -- Lowes does too.
    gyro_cfi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48027 times
    This store used to have about eight self serve kiosks and as many registers with about two of them open. Today, you didn't have a choice. They had cash kiosks. credit card kiosks and commercial account kiosks

I'd like to know how they identify screws and quantities.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    1795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Ours still has people at registers -- Lowes does too.
    That's where we prefer to go.
    As OP alluded to, those $15/hr job seekers are going to have butt blisters sitting on unemployment office benches. I'm not thrilled about anyone losing a job except when ordering at fast food restaurants anymore. Then I'm screaming in my head, "where are those darn robots they keep telling us about".
    Last edited by gyro_cfi; 08-05-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    19060 times
    Our local Smith's (Kroger) grocery store recently removed some of their cashier-operated checkouts and installed more of the self-checkout kiosks. When I went to pay for a few groceries an hour ago, there were eight people in one line for the one cashier, and several self-checkout places they didn't want to mess with. I wonder how long it's going to take their corporate office to realize people want to interact with their favorite store employees, and not mess with bar code scanners and bagging their own groceries?

Member #
    Liked
    4926 times
    Our local HD here in Plano went all cashier-less a few months ago. We also have a Lowes but I typically have been a HD guy (I owned some of their stock for a while). I may have to start going to Lowes.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    16325 times
    Meh. I prefer self-checkout, especially when buying groceries. I can't remember the last time a checker actually gave a rip about how my stuff got handled.
    william and Desperado like this.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    6286 times
    I am afraid that the Kisoks is the way of the future. The Kisoks don't ask for raises

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2167 times
    A little while back Walmart made the big press announcement that they were increasing the hourly rate for full time employees to almost $15/hr. The left loved it. A couple of weeks later I was in Walmart and teasing the cashier, whom I knew, about what exotic place she was going to on vacation with all that extra cash. She gave me "the look". She said that yes they did get an increase and the next week they cut everybody's hours. She was actually working 8 hours less a week and making less money than she was before. She told me to look around and see how many cash registers were open. That's how it works!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links