• 2 Post By ShtnBlanks.22
  • 1 Post By Ickthus

Thread: Man, I miss the old days of pro MLB

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19461 times

Man, I miss the old days of pro MLB

Especially miss the violent locomotive home plate crashes between the tough old catchers.

Any remember any favorites?
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    4949 times
    #1 in my book is the Fosse - Rose collision in the 1970 All Star Game.
    NotSo, Desperado and bapak2ja like this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    7520 times
    Surprised not to see any collisions with Mike Scioscia as catcher. He was originally a hockey goalie, and allegedly enjoyed a good collision at the plate.
    chefduane likes this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4661 times
    Angels v Astros on 7/7/19 had a good one.

Desperado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4949 times
    ^ That was a pretty hard hit.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30901 times
    My daughter invited me to an Astros game last night. She said she'd pay my ticket. But, I was scheduled to be lay leader at church this morning and wanted to be fully alert and awake for that as it was my first attempt at that job.
    bigC likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31025 times
    This was fairly recent, in the past year or two, I love seeing Bautista get clocked, I could watch that over and over and over....

Desperado and mark38090 like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    #1 in my book is the Fosse - Rose collision in the 1970 All Star Game.
    This is the first one I think of in this context. It was a completely legal hit, and it was something I did myself more than once and had done to me more than once. (I only played during my teen years in various park board leagues.) However, Rose's hit on Fosse made me despise Rose, and determine never to do it again. I agree with the new rules that ban the big hits. It just is not necessary. Keep the big hits in the NFL, where everyone is prepared for it, and paid well for it.

Great compilation video. though. Thanks for sharing it.
    chefduane likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I miss a pitcher going 9 innings and I miss batters being contact hitters they would eat up the shift.
    And I scratch my head when a reliever gets three quick outs in the eighth and gets pulled for the closer in the ninth???
    Desperado and mark38090 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    The Reds and the Pirates got into a bean ball match a few days ago and a knuckle dusting bench clearing. Both managers suspended 8-10 games. Like 16 players suspended 4 -10 games. I hope its on you tube.

GO BRAVES !
    bapak2ja likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links