I chickened out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I chickened out.

Member #
    Liked
    1069 times

I chickened out.

I was going to buy a 3" SP101 .327 but chickened out. I don't have a small wheel gun for ccw but more than a few auto's. I have rat holed a few hundred away and was ready until my friend asked me if i wanted any of the stuff he was taking to the dump. I got a like new, light weight, 14' x 6' powder coated aluminum roof section used for a walkway with gutters. It's the roof for my new chicken coop! I got the concrete to set the poles today. I'll post pic's when i top the poles with it.
    After i frame it up and get a roosting/nesting box on it I'll get the wire and order 10 buff orpington chicks.
    Tractor supply started their "Fall Chicken Days" this week. Animal and chicken wire on sale along with all things chicken.
    I'll get the SP101 anther time. For less the $400 bucks I'll have a 10x6 roofed aviary with a 6 'x30' fenced run. Ohh and fresh yard eggs!

Member #
    Liked
    1707 times
    Buff Orpingtons? Man, you got some taste in chickens. Grand looking birds! but only ten? 10'x6' with nests and a roost should double that.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1069 times
    That's all the city will let me keep. That's as small as I want for a walk in anyway. The free 14' roof gives me a two foot over hang and is pretty much the driving force on the size. I'm shooting for 6'2" headroom. I have 5 of the 6 4x4 i need as well as a sheet of metal left over from my bro in laws 40 x 60 building he put up. I'll side the 3'x4'x6' nesting/roost box with it on the top of one end. I'll post pic as i go. I have enough old chain link fence i saved up to put on the ground/ underground. I'll hog nose the 14ga fence i'm rapping the coop to it
    so nothing can dig in and backfill.
    garyh and Sekol like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    You were going to by the gun, but didn't? That leaves egg on your face...
    TonyC2639 and darbo like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    2301 times
    Eggsactly
    darbo and rollin thunder like this.

Member #
    Liked
    804 times
    Congrats to you! You can sell the eggs to recoop (pardon the intentional pun) your investment and get the Ruger!
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Member #
    Liked
    22795 times
    Having your own chickens is so cool! Enjoy your new endeavor!!!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    7723 times
    An SP-101?

I thought you wanted a small wheel gun? Ruger SP-101's are too 'Reubenesque' to be considered 'small'.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    I have always wanted to raise chickens ( and buy another Ruger wheel gun). Problem is all my friends do and I get all kinds of free fresh eggs so I can't get motivated.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    6572 times
    We live in the city and the HOA does not allow them. Some nabors have them anyway, just no roosters.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links