I chickened out. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I chickened out.

Member #
    Liked
    11405 times
    Enjoy the new endeavour in fowl funnies. I think your starting amount of keets is a good idea. Cleaning a coop is - well hot and stinky. The more chickens the more cleaning.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    2753 times
    Eggcellent choice of laying hens. At my peeck in chicken raising I had over 300 Buffs. They are eggcelent broad hens also but the city probably won't let you have a rooster.. I have 25 Buff hens at the moment. Waiting for them to start laying.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20905 times
    I would’ve taken the gun. Got no patience for chickens. I already have a 4” 327 but if I run across a LCR in 327 it’s mine!
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1070 times
    Well, i got the ground ready to build the coop. I got the garden tiller out and leveled the ground and made drainage trench. Then put down the old chain link fence so no critter can dig in. Marked out where to put the poles in the ground. Got the post hole digger, wheel barrel, concrete, wire cutters, saw saw with a wood blade for roots. First hole had root the size of your arm. The Saw saw cut it like butter. I got it dug, pulled the fence over, cut it with the wire cutters enough for the pole. Drop in the pole, level, concrete move to the next. Hit a root a little smaller this time and harder wood but saw saw got it. So cut wire, drop pole in, concrete, level. Next hole no roots. Cool until i hit the underground power cable to the house @ 30" down. I was really lucky as just nicked the shield and got a little spark. I had the hole down 36" and drop the pole in. I pulled the tape measure and it was two inches wide so i needed to shave the hole. That is when i hit it. Why did it hit it? I'm not in line with the box? Ohh, years ago they replaced the line and went a round the burn pile before going to the house. I don't think the line needs replacing just some mastic to seal it but not my call. I know the call out guy for the power Co. he live 15 house away around the corner. I'll see him in the A.M.
    You know the old saying... Don't count your chickens until the coop is built.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11144 times
    One of the women from church has a number of hens that lay colored eggs, the dark red, blue, and green eggs. There is never any doubt about whether her eggs are store bought, plus they have bright golden yokes. But the same thing, no roosters. There are a number of places that only have roosters, but I think the law has stopped most of that.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    1070 times
    Well , the Power Co. wrapped some rubber on the nicked line. No strands cut or burnt so back to putting in poles.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I would’ve taken the gun. Got no patience for chickens. I already have a 4” 327 but if I run across a LCR in 327 it’s mine!
    I have the LCRx. Damn snappy little revolver. Loud too. I love it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46628 times
    Love the .327 Caliber, I have a Taurus M327 and it is snappy with hot 100gr loads.

Good luck with the chickens. Fresh eggs are great.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    1070 times
    Day old chicks. 4 IAS Brown and 4 buff Orpingtons I'm an old mother hen now. It should be easy, i have been an old mother for sometime according to what i hear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links