Not exactly parka and mukluks weather.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Not exactly parka and mukluks weather....

Member #
    Liked
    7365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    God bless the people who stuck it out and settled the south in the days before AC!

We’re in the midst to 90°+ and 85%+ humidity.
    Now you know why all of those old houses in the South have 12 foot ceilings, tall windows and are always drafty.
    kschilk likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1518 times
    They used to permit it when a sprinkler attachment was used on fire plug. We often had someone on the block with a wrench and just went all out atleast untill the police or fire truck showed up to shut off.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    We have had steady 90 to 94 everyday since late may here, humidity is so bad that when you walk outside you become soaked in sweat without doing anything and it makes the air so thick it's hard to breathe. Our A.C. runs 24hrs a day and it keeps the house about 80° from noon until 9pm, August will have us near 96, 97 everyday and thankfully September will see.a break in the humidity to around 70% and temps dropping to low 90s. I love living on the swamp near the Gulf in SW Florida.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    kschilk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30894 times
    Well, now, the rest of the country knows what it's like in south Texas 3 months out of the year.

We're actually supposed to get a "cold front" in a couple of days. I think I'll stop by Walmart Sunday and inquire about snow shoes.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 07-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    31204 times
    Went out for a ride on the motorcycle with my wife today. At 9000', it was beautiful. At 5500', it was 104. It was hot. We stopped at a gas station for us, not the bike, and pushed home. Frogg Toggs chilly towel - marvelous invention. Here in Santa Fe it was 97 as we got home, and after 104 that felt great! It's a couple of hours later now, and it's 86 with 17% humidity.

I've done the high humidity life. No thanks. Unliveable. If you ask me, people who lived in hot, humid areas before there was AC were nuts. I'd have headed for Alaska after one summer.
    kschilk likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30894 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Went out for a ride on the motorcycle with my wife today. At 9000', it was beautiful. At 5500', it was 104. It was hot. We stopped at a gas station for us, not the bike, and pushed home. Frogg Toggs chilly towel - marvelous invention. Here in Santa Fe it was 97 as we got home, and after 104 that felt great! It's a couple of hours later now, and it's 86 with 17% humidity.

I've done the high humidity life. No thanks. Unliveable. If you ask me, people who lived in hot, humid areas before there was AC were nuts. I'd have headed for Alaska after one summer.

Well, I honestly didn't know any better. I can remember getting on my bicycle and riding down the street just to get some air flow. The attic fan drew air over the bed at night and the sheets were soaked in the morning from the humidity. But, we somehow made it. Now days, the thought of no AC is beyond comprehension.
    GhostHorse and kschilk like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    7365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    I've heard about heat and humidity like that, rumors 'bout it's so thick, you have to cut it with a knife just to breath. I'm curious - what knife works best?
    A sharp one.

Serrated will do if you don't have anything else but it gets to be a chore sawing off a big enough piece to be worth the effore.
    Last edited by jtg452; 07-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    kschilk and TrucksNCoffee like this.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    6288 times
    I hate the hot humid weather, when I get out of the A/C my glasses for up.
    kschilk and jtg452 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    I hate the hot humid weather, when I get out of the A/C my glasses for up.
    And that's pretty much every time you go outside around here from May to mid to late September.
    kschilk likes this.

Gun Shui adviser

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Weather is so unpredictable nowadays. I can't stand this inconsistency. I even want to order some demi-season clothing for summer. Hopefully, there are good salesmen in this zip code area. I don't want to get used to this weather :c
    kschilk likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links