Any investors in here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Any investors in here?

Member #
    Liked
    19120 times
    Always need to remember that you didn't really make or loose any money unless you actually sold that investment. Otherwise it is simply on paper and not a realized loss or gain.
    Fishinkeylargo and Jake3501 like this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Always need to remember that you didn't really make or loose any money unless you actually sold that investment. Otherwise it is simply on paper and not a realized loss or gain.
    A lot of people have a hard time understanding that. I know so many people that panicked in 2005/2006 and ended up cashing in their 401(k)'s. They asked me what I was doing and I said nothing, still buying into the same funds and am getting more for my money. When they go back up I will be back where I was and plus for buying at the lower price. Of course they all though I was nuts. They could not understand you only lose if you sell. On top of that they all paid tax penalties on their early withdrawals. Just plain stupid.
    jonrjen and Jake3501 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    I don't understand the market and I'm too lazy to do all the research. I'm retired now with two very good pentions and Social Security. Also about ten years ago I traded all of my stocks in on Gold & Silver and I've been buying it ever since. It's much easier to watch the price gold and silver go up or down and I only buy right now.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    i always hope tp break even....i can use the extra money !!

Member #
    Liked
    658 times
    by chance do you mean IRA and not 401? 401's usually much more limited as to what you can do, depending on what your employer offers, but you don't need to withdraw from an IRA to shelter the money in a down turn. you can just go to cash or CD's or bonds or gold and keep the money under the IRA shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    A lot of people have a hard time understanding that. I know so many people that panicked in 2005/2006 and ended up cashing in their 401(k)'s. They asked me what I was doing and I said nothing, still buying into the same funds and am getting more for my money. When they go back up I will be back where I was and plus for buying at the lower price. Of course they all though I was nuts. They could not understand you only lose if you sell. On top of that they all paid tax penalties on their early withdrawals. Just plain stupid.
    Last edited by terryb; 07-18-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    22038 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    by chance do you mean IRA and not 401? 401's usually much more limited as to what you can do, depending on what your employer offers, but you don't need to withdraw from an IRA to shelter the money in a down turn. you can just go to cash or CD's or bonds or gold and keep the money under the IRA shelter
    If your 401k is run by a firm that has brokerage operations you can sometimes ask and they'll give you a self-directed brokerage account for your 401k. You have to convince them you know what you're doing but they'll do it if you talk the talk or otherwise convince them you won't be blaming them if it goes wrong. They did it for me but once upon a time I had a Series 7 & 62 securities license. Once they know that it's kind of their defense that I should have known better.
    CWB likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    6718 times
    Go for tulips.

glenwolde likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    22038 times
    Sell Mortimer Sell!!!

CWB likes this.
    Definition of clip

2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    22038 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    Go for tulips.
    A classic case of mania. Detailed in one of my favorite books ​Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (Mackay 1841) along with a couple of other notable manias. Another on my suggested reading list is Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Lefevre 1923). Both are dated of course, and more entertaining than instructional.
    Definition of clip

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    No not IRA's, definitely their employer sponsored 401(k)'s. I did HR for the location and they all cashed them in for hardship reasons. They were in panic mode. If I remember correctly it was about 9 of them from this location that panicked.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links