Bathroom Remodel: Anyone ever use USA Bath?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By nevadabob
  • 2 Post By rollin thunder
  • 1 Post By kschilk
  • 2 Post By Peacemakr40
  • 1 Post By garyh

Thread: Bathroom Remodel: Anyone ever use USA Bath?

Member #
    Liked
    745 times

Bathroom Remodel: Anyone ever use USA Bath?

We're removing the upstairs tub to put in just a shower. My wife has Parkinson's and has trouble navigating the high step into the tub. USA Bath doesn't do tile but offers an install with wall panels and a fiberglass pan.

Went to Home Depot and they have a brochure featuring USA Bath. Seems like HD has a business relationship with them. Anyone have any experience with them?

The USA Bath rep is coming out tomorrow morning to do a "1.5 hour presentation". That scares me. Reminds me of a Kirby vacuum presentation: Buy our vacuum and get a free vacation. At one point will I have to forcibly remove the rep from our house?
    DeltaBravoKS and kschilk like this.
    The Christian Faith: We are not called to solve the Mystery, but to enter into it. - C. Mallouhi (author)

Member #
    Liked
    48032 times
    I've never had any dealings with them. Look at local reviews and recommendations. Try and find some where the postings are down the road from the install date. Most people are initially happy. You should look at the service down the road, if needed.

Tell the salesman he has 30 minutes to close the deal...starting, now!
    kschilk and nevadabob like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    33083 times
    A lot's gonna' depend on who does the installation. Home Depot and places like that use local contractors to install their stuff and you likely won't know who it's gonna' be, until the moment they show up so it's hard to get clear reviews beforehand. I've seen some of their subs do really nice work and others that really should've had their hammer licenses revoked.
    nevadabob likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21597 times
    Depending on the size of the Reno it'll range from about 7 grand to 20 grand depending on square footage and what bells and whistles you want. Find out what they actually propose to install and you can check the quality of it online. If they're using contractor grade garbage then tell them no. Ask them about how long the warranties are good for and if it's just parts or parts AND labor. If they put in a bath surround that has a 20 year warranty but they'll charge you 1500 in labor plus support parts, it's not worth it. Ask them for references. There's a good chance they won't have any on them but this is just their sales pitch. have them provide them to you and check them before you even agree to any work.
    rollin thunder and Desperado like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    6286 times
    Make sure you check out any contractor, get referances and check them out.
    Desperado likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links