Recommended EDC Lights and Flashlights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Recommended EDC Lights and Flashlights

Member #
    Liked
    141 times

Recommended EDC Lights and Flashlights

I wanted to share what I found and carry every day so others may benefit. I am not a flashlight hound but I do like a good practical light. First, I've always been a D cell Maglight fan so this is a big change for me. I bought this one December 2018. Carry it every day in my pocket. Always works, three modes, one AA battery, and I use it almost every day for something. Accidentally ran it thru the clothes washer about a month after I bought it. No moisture inside and it still works great. It is the first "mode" light I have carried on a daily basis. I live on 2 1/2 acres and it will light up the opposite corner of the property at night. I use Panasonic Rechargeable AA batteries. I highly recommend both!

Fenix E12 CREE XP-E2 130 Lumen LED flashlight.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bamabowtie likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    1096 times
    Mine is a Streamlight Protac 1L-AA

https://www.opticsplanet.com/streaml...50-lumens.html
    Taurus1965 likes this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    4928 times
    EDC is a Streamlight Microstream USB. https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...66738915&psc=1

I've got a number of flashlights, too many to list. The big dog is a Solaray ProZX-1XL. 1600 lumens of focusable LED power. You could signal the ISS with this baby!
    https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-LED-...gateway&sr=8-3
    Last edited by chefduane; 07-13-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1517 times
    I carry a Streamlight ProTac-1L. Very compact and is 275 lumens. Use a Nightfighter X for night stand. Purchased a few of these for my kids. Work very well and attach to key chain. https://www.surefire.com/illuminatio.../sidekick.html

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30992 times
    I think any good LED that throws out a lot of light should be good. The smaller the flashlight, the less light that is going forward, so there seems to be a fine line between compactness and power.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1795 times
    I love recommending the Thrunite 1A V3. It uses 1 AA or 14500. I keep it set at 0.1 lumen by default (200 lumens max). Excellent for not ruining your night vision, reading a book, or getting from bedroom to bathroom without tripping. At that setting you can run the light for 17 days straight. I've carried the same one for 4 years.
    http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-1a-v3/
    Last edited by gyro_cfi; 07-13-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    8008 times
    I've got several, but my favorite is a Surefire 320 lumin that runs on two C123 batteries. Given a choice, I'd pick any that takes the 123 batteries over the AAA powered lights.
    chefduane likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21597 times
    I have a pair of cheap Nebo Edge 50's. They throw some decent light with fresh batteries.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Nightcore MT10c off ebay. 920 lumen, light two batteries and a charger 60 bucks.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    2841 times
    The Fenix E12 in the OP is a great little light. I've had a couple, but these days I carry an Olight S1R baton. I originally got the S2R but ended up losing it. I eventually replaced it with the smaller S1R and this little light is fantastic. They are a bit pricey, but completely worth it for someone who uses their EDC light. I worked nights for many years and having a flashlight handy was invaluable. It doesn't get used as much now that I'm a "Daywalker" but I still need a light occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links