Take your chances with Blue Bell . . . but . . DON'T EAT ICE CREAM IN FLORIDA !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Take your chances with Blue Bell . . . but . . DON'T EAT ICE CREAM IN FLORIDA !

Member #
    Liked
    1453 times

Take your chances with Blue Bell . . . but . . DON'T EAT ICE CREAM IN FLORIDA !

There are those who will say "copy-cat", but this one goes a little further. Too much so. (The YUCK-FACTOR runs clear off the scale.)

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...dtm-story.html

You just have to wonder what makes people do this kind of stuff.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Her father Hu Fung Poo if so proud.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11120 times
    G____ross...............
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10752 times
    I was talking to the wife about stuff like that just today. The ice cream thing came out earlier this week, at the same time the local news showed video of a middle age man drinking directly from the ladle in the soup bar at Whole Foods and then stuck the ladle back in the soup. Told the wife I would have slapped the taste out of his mouth if I had seen it. The girl I think I would have drug by her hair to the manager. I can not believe people doing things like this with all the diseases running rampant around here.

BTW, to tell if someone is really from the country, ask them if they have ever been slapped for putting their lips on the ladle. If they don't know what you are talking about they are not from the country, unless they grew up after dug wells and hand pumps in the kitchen went away.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    1453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    BTW, to tell if someone is really from the country, ask them if they have ever been slapped for putting their lips on the ladle. If they don't know what you are talking about they are not from the country, unless they grew up after dug wells and hand pumps in the kitchen went away.
    Now you've done it. About seventy years ago, my Dad came home from town one Saturday with two sets of leathers for the pumps (one outside, at the well, where we drew water to carry to the livestock, and one for the kitchen pump) He taught me to work a little lard into the leather so it would last a whole year and how to disassemble the pumps and put the new ones in. That became one more of my chores until 1953, when we moved into his and Mother's "Dream House" that had electric-powered running water.

No ladle at the outside pump, just a tin can that got replaced about twice a year.

Thanks for reminding me that "there was a time . . . "
    Last edited by Flash60601; 07-11-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I was talking to the wife about stuff like that just today. The ice cream thing came out earlier this week, at the same time the local news showed video of a middle age man drinking directly from the ladle in the soup bar at Whole Foods and then stuck the ladle back in the soup. Told the wife I would have slapped the taste out of his mouth if I had seen it. The girl I think I would have drug by her hair to the manager. I can not believe people doing things like this with all the diseases running rampant around here.

I hated using the ladle so our wooden bucket "developed" a gap and that became my own personal "watering hole". No more ladle sharing for me! lol

Member #
    Liked
    2224 times
    To answer the question, because no one has kicked their rear seriously for it yet.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33057 times
    How do we know, stupid people haven’t been doing this to all brands all over the country?
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    4338 times
    Growing up hand dug wells where you would draw water with a bucket was common. Using a gourd for a homemade dipper was also common.
    A very non politically correct method of dealing with the people that do the type things that can effect the general public would quickly stop it. Let them lick a steel pipe after soaking in liquid nitrogen for a while. Sort of like kid sticking tongue to frozen flag pole. Just a little colder.
    Last edited by TheOldRedneck; 07-12-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6356 times
    That is just sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links