Take your chances with Blue Bell . . . but . . DON'T EAT ICE CREAM IN FLORIDA ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Take your chances with Blue Bell . . . but . . DON'T EAT ICE CREAM IN FLORIDA !

Member #
    Liked
    22713 times
    People being people.
    Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
    Just a bunch of window lickers out in public.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    Now you've done it. About seventy years ago, my Dad came home from town one Saturday with two sets of leathers for the pumps (one outside, at the well, where we drew water to carry to the livestock, and one for the kitchen pump) He taught me to work a little lard into the leather so it would last a whole year and how to disassemble the pumps and put the new ones in. That became one more of my chores until 1953, when we moved into his and Mother's "Dream House" that had electric-powered running water.

No ladle at the outside pump, just a tin can that got replaced about twice a year.

Thanks for reminding me that "there was a time . . . "
    LOL, slapped for lips on the dipper is what I should have said. Ladle usually meant fancy silverware and white china bowl, while a dipper could be made out of almost anything and could be used anywhere. There was an art to drinking from the dipper without getting your lips on it, and you were expected to learn it at an early age. Slop Jars were for those who did not want to go outside during the night. The ice box was truly an ICE BOX. LOL, running water was not a given in every household back then, and when you had it, it was almost always just in the kitchen. The dining room usually separated the kitchen from the rest of the house. And as a friend reminded me, there were usually butter churns in the dining room, and that is what you did while eating breakfast, churn. Well, at least out in the country where you had access to fresh milk.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    580 times
    Many brands of ice cream have been sealing their lids with plastic bands for several years now. It looks like it's time for the rest to follow suit unless they want to see their sales go down drastically.

Reminds me of the Tylenol poisoning scare many years back that lead to sealed bottles on every kind of OTC drug.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    There's a good reason the Lord made boogers camouflaged and saliva clear. If they were florescent, we'd all be screaming for mommy.

Thanks, Smoke! I think I'll be eating in, from here on out.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    34069 times
    I've always figured that if ya' don't wanna' deal with the flies......ya' just stay away from the manure pile. You'll never have to worry about people like that, if you never go where that kind hang out. For me, it's worth spendin' that extra nickel every month.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    There's not a lot that makes me go off these days, but seeing that happen would likely be a trigger. Last time I lost it was over a guy stealing razor blades.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisturner View Post
    Many brands of ice cream have been sealing their lids with plastic bands for several years now. It looks like it's time for the rest to follow suit unless they want to see their sales go down drastically.

Reminds me of the Tylenol poisoning scare many years back that lead to sealed bottles on every kind of OTC drug.
    My brand of choice comes in a sealed container. There are some disgusting people out there.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33525 times
    I’m more concerned with food from fast food joints than I am grocery store ice cream. You never know what bodily fluids may have been placed in that burger you just ordered by the kid with the infected nose ring.
    That’s why I stay away from such places as much as possible.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links