Most Mass Shooters Follow These Patterns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Most Mass Shooters Follow These Patterns

Member #
    Liked
    4767 times
    I watched a Discovery channel program the other night about psychopathy and one of the things mentioned was a pattern of adolescent behavior. They called it the 'psychopath triangle.'
    Bed wetting--->Fascination with fire--->Mutilation of animals/pets. Anyone who exhibits those 3 characteristics has a better than average tendency to develop into a psychopath. In teens, eventual characteristics are narcissism and lack of empathy. Now, not ALL people who follow that pattern develop into violent psychopaths but there are many non-diagnosed and non-violent psychopaths. (I am sure we all have worked with a few.) The problem is that many adolescents may exhibit these behaviors but never get any type of treatment or medication that might head off any violent acts. Such behaviors may be simply passed off as 'just a phase' or 'Billy is special' or 'Yes, he's a little strange but he's a good boy.' And until the individual actually acts out or breaks the law there is little that can be done other than by the family. Not surprisingly, most violent psychopaths are men who have also had aberrant relationships with their mother i.e. 'mommy issues.'

Unfortunately (as mentioned by Fredward above) no one pays attention until the shooting starts.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    A nutcase threatens the president, who is protected by armed guards and layers of security, and said nutcase gets a personal visit from the Secret Service.

A nutcase threatens a school, which might be protected by a wishful 'No Guns' sign, maybe a light fence, and maybe a single LEO, and said nutcase gets a shrug and either a, 'we can't do anything' or a, 'we meant to look into it.'
    Lest we not forget, bho had a program in place to protect “prison bound” minority yutes (My Cousin Vinny) from being arrested; give’em some more room to learn responsibility. And, MSDHS was front and center of that program in S Fla. This is why the FBI didn’t intervene with Cruz.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    6153 times
    They would have to be nut jobs to do something like that anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1788 times
    The Red Flag laws scare me more than any mass shooter.
    Off subject, sort of. Watch the 4 part AmericanMaster series on YouTube channel StevenCrowder. The 2nd Amendment issue was great.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Interestingly, if not unsurprisingly, no mention of hanging out on gun branded websites as a precursor to committing mayhem.
    Or members of the GOA, NRA, etc....

Member #
    Liked
    30877 times
    "See something, say something."

People said something about the Tsarnaev brothers. Fat lot of good that did.

The problem is that the signs they talk about are also displayed by a huge number of people who don't go on to become mass killers. That fact makes it harder to decide when a mass killing is a real risk.
    Zen Ape likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    I find it interesting that the S.S. is studying this data. During the re-shuffle after Department Homeland Security was formed, I had not heard that the S.S. was assigned to any domestic shootings/domestic terrorism stuff. The government never ceases to confuse me.
    I agree with the signs of domestic violence and mental health stuff.
    That's why it's the SECRET service.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    3791 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    "See something, say something."

People said something about the Tsarnaev brothers. Fat lot of good that did.

The problem is that the signs they talk about are also displayed by a huge number of people who don't go on to become mass killers. That fact makes it harder to decide when a mass killing is a real risk.
    This. Don't get me wrong, I'm personally all for weeding out the truly dangerous among us, but think about all the ways that can infringe on an individuals personal privacy and how many LE departments don't have the man power or legal power for that matter, to investigate these types of people thoroughly? Then we get into mental health issues, which is also a form of personal privacy. Not to mention how many people should be getting treatment for things but aren't for numerous reasons. Pride, denial, money, lack of coverage options, fear of reprisal or judgement. This is a delicate, and slippery slope area. Hell just on this website alone in the last 11 years that I've been here I've seen some people that sent up a red flag with me. Should people have their 2A rights infringed upon because their language could be construed as potentially violent and threatening? It's very easy to say that the signs were ignored on these people, but it's only easy once they actually go over the edge. Up until then though, how much do they really differ from hundreds of thousands of others with issues they just aren't dealing with properly?
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    47398 times
    The percentages of this happening and total deaths as a percentage is minute.
    We could take motorcycle ownership and deaths while riding or drunks killing people while driving, or pool drownings, or ...

I know it sounds cold, but perhaps we learn the facts, deal with the numbers and protect our families the best we can.
    Without an agenda.
    We the People...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links