This must be an E ticket ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: This must be an E ticket ride

Member #
    Liked
    1183 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I must have watched this video six times and I can't see it swaying. I see the camera moving all over.
    At what point in the video, does it start swaying?

It's more apparent on youtube in full screen, but the lights can be seen swaying. Anyone standing on the maintenance walk at the top best have sea legs.
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    6268 times
    When Disneyland opened in 1955, a friends dad worked as a night guard there. We got to go into the park a week before it was open.
    A lot of the rides were not open yet, however it still a lot of fun.
    Lomax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    When Disneyland opened in 1955, a friends dad worked as a night guard there. We got to go into the park a week before it was open.
    Wow, what a memory! I know they have different leanings than many on this board and many of us here in the great plains, but it still is the happiest place on earth, in my opinion. My entire family loves it and we go any chance we get--both D'land and D'world!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4912 times
    Most of the high school kids that grew up in Orange County at that time worked at D'land as a summer job. Some also at Knotts Berry Farm. I worked at both for a while. It was lot of fun!
    Lomax likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    My dad worked at Disneyland, in a store on main street for the first 5 years. Mom dad, my sister and a cousin went to a pre grand opening event for employees . Interestingly he bought a rifle in Frontierland while on lunch one day. Not a cap gun , a old cap n ball blackpowder rifle. He still had friends working there years latter. So we got cuts in some lines . Also I was in the park once before it opened on Main Street in the place my dad had worked. Only rule was we had to be hidden till people ran past.
    Somewhere I have a few unused tickets.
    Lomax likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2169 times
    You don't exactly get advance notice of an earthquake. Whatever you was doin' is what you was doin', and the earth shakes.

Member #
    Liked
    1183 times
    I was in grade 12 back then. I've been witness to many earthquakes up to this time, but this event was epic.

My brother was making produce deliveries at L.A. Central Market during this quake.

Marc left Marshburn Farms with a short load, so two delivery men loaded a pickup truck to fulfill a couple of short orders for my brother's stores. They never made it. Their truck had been crushed by a freeway overpass.
    The resulting quake damage put the fear of God in me.

https://youtu.be/fiabD0WBl7w
    Last edited by Lomax; 07-11-2019 at 06:09 AM. Reason: sp
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links