Tempe citizen "did not feel safe" in presence of police officers - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Tempe citizen "did not feel safe" in presence of police officers

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16451 times
    Okay, I understand the cops not wanting to cause problems for their regular pre shift stop, but I think I would have asked the manager two questions before I left. 1) Do you really want to kick out regular customers and get bad press? 2) How come you didn't ask the scaredy cat to leave?

With the bad press, Starbucks is already starting to do the happy monkey dance for damage control, and it looks like the manager might have to wear the hang dog collar for the time being. If I were the police union pres, I wouldn't boycott Starbucks, I'd have my union members show up in uniform 20 at a time. Take up all the tables at or near the counter and act deaf and dumb the next time something like that happened.
    Flash60601 likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    7838 times
    People are so "trendy" these days.Don't have the energy to care.
    People can usually tell by the"look" that I won't put up with any bullcrap.Just don't have time for it and no explanation needed.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    5832 times
    Personally, I've been in situations where i feel uncomfortable around collections of police officers. To be fair, i was assaulted by two officers 20+ years ago while waiting for the bus. With that being said, I'm not going to make a scene out of things or try to make them leave, it's usually easier to finish what I'm doing and leave myself.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3876 times
    There was a report last year on the SCC Blog that several cops had gotten grief from one of the Chicago Starbuck locations. I guess they took up a collection from their fellow officers and bought a bunch of $5 gift cards for Starbucks and handed them out to 40 homeless folks down on lower Wacker along with a map to the Starbucks in question. I guess things got pretty stinky.....
    Flash60601 and 230JHP like this.
    A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30980 times
    My first thought would have been to tell the snowflake to go somewhere else to melt. They took the other path, and are now paying the price. I guess millenials never learn, or they just don't care until they do something that ends up getting them fired.
    Desperado, Flash60601 and 230JHP like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1816 times
    I'm not a Starbucks customer, I'm not gonna worry about it.
    And when they get robbed over and over 'cause the BGs know LEOs aren't welcome there...
    I'm not gonna worry about that either.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    ~ Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    21587 times
    The entire situation stinks of stupidity. I highly doubt that 1 customer's daily, weekly or yearly investments in Starbucks is enough to offset the loss of revenue from multiple regular customers. So what does this mean? It means the snowflake customer was just a stool pigeon for the manager who is the one who actually had the problem. Because of this, Starbucks will take a hit and this will upset stock owners. Stockholders don't like when stupidity costs them money. It doesn't matter at this point if Starbucks issues and apology, fires the manager or creates a sensitivity training supplement. the damage is already done. The fact that this little incident is going viral will only impact stock values in a negative way. Yes they will recover but not to the level they could.
    Desperado, Flash60601 and 230JHP like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    1576 times
    Well, I'm a frequent customer at Starbucks. A cup of Coffee there does not cost $4 - $5 but around $2.30 for there small cup. Pretty much the same as what DD charges.

In Savannah, GA, it's not uncommon to see 3 - 4 police officers having Coffee there. And, since we're a Military town, there's always 1/2 dozen soldiers there.

A good percentage of the Barista's here are former Military folks.

If someone is uncomfortable with the presence of police officers, I would wonder why? For me, I'm quite happy to see them there.

If I'm not mistaken, Tempe, AZ is a college town. And, it's pretty common knowledge that College Campuses have become havens for for far left wingers and snowflakes. So, that this happened in Tempe doesn't surprise me at all..

Seems that I frequently read in the news that a Police Officer has been refused service at a Restaurant, or Coffee Shop, somewhere just about everyday. Sadly, after the fact, the officers usually receive an apology from the business as I'm sure the officers in Tempe, AZ will.

Starbucks, I'm told, has a no weapons Policy. On the rate ocassion that I do open carry, I've never once been challenged about it or asked to leave a Starbucks.

My .02
    230JHP likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    That video almost leaves me at a lost for words. Most of the words I want to say are not appropriate for a public forum. The so called coffee shop manager who asked the officers to leave needs to wake up! The world does not exist to make everything "not offensive" to him or her or a customer. Quite the opposite in fact. There is a lot I want to say but will not.
    Leave Starbucks, never go back. Tell all your friends.
    After sleeping on it, I wish to modify my statement as I did speak out in haste.
    As a retired LEO, I SHOULD talk to the coffee shop guy in a calm manner and try to resolve the situation in a peaceful manner. It is the uniformed officer who needs to go talk to the customer in a friendly but firm tone and ask them if there is a problem. The officer or officers are not at fault, unless they are behaving in a non-professional manner. If the manager refuses to budge or acts rudely, then I would leave, talk to management at a later date, and not frequent that particular location. I don't frequent a coffee shop, cafe, or store where the owner or the help act like they don't want my business. Life is too short.

Personally, I don't go to Starbucks but 4 or 5 times per year. There are too many locally owned places that serve good coffee and I try to support the locally owned businesses first.
    I still stick to my statement "the world does not exist to make everything not offensive" to any particular person. Quite the opposite in fact.
    230JHP likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    1324 times
    Boy, I'm in a dither over this one.

Personally, I think the manager was the weak one, here. He should have asked the snowflake if there was any "safe place" she could drink her coffee in and not wet her pants. Then offer her a lid for her "to-go", and call her a cab to take her there. Maybe ask her why she didn't feel safe, whether it was the uniforms, the authority, the guns, or just plain "guys" that made her goosey

I liked a lot of the other comments: $5 gift-cards was a good one. Thirty guys every shift-change would be effective, too.
    Last edited by Flash60601; 07-07-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links