• 1 Post By Yissnakk
  • 1 Post By Flash60601

Thread: Pet Sematary (2019)

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46205 times

Pet Sematary (2019)

Did anyone see this movie when it came out? Is it any good?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10500 times
    I vaguely remember seeing the original, so no- sorry I can't give a review.

What I can do is relate the dread I had while reading the book and realizing what was coming as the truck approached. I said to myself, "Don't do this you (insert the worst epithet you know here...) !! (Referring to the author, of course.). My blood pressure is rising even now as I type this...
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    4954 times
    I did not see the first one and did not know there was a second one.
    I have no plans to see it, even if it shows up on free TV.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7508 times
    I read the book back in the 80's. It isn't so much scary as disgusting and made me uneasy. King is like that for the most part - he rarely has any truly good people in his stories and most appear either stupid or are just unlikable (caveat - I did read a LOT of King in the 80's and my favorite was actually The Stand...until it went right off the rails into metapsychobabble).

I also watched the movie from the early 90's (? - too lazy to check) and it tried to give that same aura of unease while not really being more than a run-of-the-mill jump-scare flick, for the most part.

I have not seen the new one but have seen several reviews of it and know that the story has been changed significantly and lots of stuff has been added that wasn't even in the book.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    564 times
    I don't do boogie man movies. I like science fiction. How ever its a Steven King and i remember it got good reviews if your into tat kind of flick. I enjoyed a few of Kings works like The Green Mile.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I want to see it bad. I really like the orig one, and I hear this is a different version of the orig story. Let us know (with out spoilers) how it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    I tend not to see movies made from books because I am usually disappointed in the result. I’ve read most of King’s earlier work and enjoyed them, especially “The Stand” and “Needful Things”, but as time went on King became more dark and twisted. I won’t even try to read his recent stuff for two reason, it’s really out there and he’s a very vocal flaming liberal.
    Yissnakk and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives, if they have made a difference. Marines don't have that problem".
    Ronald Reagan

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7169 times
    Darkhorse and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7508 times
    This might give you an idea:

"To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    The only SK book I've ever read is MISERY. My daughter recommended it to me to read. i FOUND IT GRUESOME, but, relistically, I've kw a few like that when I was a young, crazy guy.

Never found myself desiring to see one of the movi9es.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Sponsored Links