Cell Dilemma - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Cell Dilemma

Member #
    Liked
    21571 times
    I'd Love to be able to go back to a flip phone but with new nationwide systems for firstnet I can't even keep my iphone 6s Plus. 1st world problems I guess.
    rollin thunder likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I have used T-Mobile since before they were called than, and before the previous name, etc.

I think they still have simple flip phones and I believe all of their phones support WiFi calling. That means you can tell your phone to make a call using WiFi instead of the carrier network. It still goes against your minutes and it still works like a regular call, it just uses WiFi instead. For those of you who live in a questionable coverage area, it is a great benefit. My phone automatically switches between WiFi and the TMobile network, so I don't have to do a thing. Some days when I'm in my basement and my network signal drops, it automatically switches to WiFi and I can make/receive calls and never know the difference.

It is at least worth investigating with any new company you consider.
    I have also used T-Mobile since they were called Voice Stream. I know a lot of people hate texting, but I encourage you to practice it and learn to like it. It does save time and money.

I would suggest you talk to people in your area and buy the phone that works for your area, and if you travel, take that into account. I buy my phones "unlocked" off of Ebay. I buy Used Like New, or New Old Stock phones. It takes a little research but if you have the patience it will save you some money as well.
    If you just want to walk into a store and buy a phone, go to Wally World, talk to the young people working the phone section about what you want and let them assist you.
    There are way too many options on phones for me these days. Lol. Good luck.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    20252 times
    I have a very basic Black LG Flip Phone ( $65) that I'm very very happy with and I bought it through my current carrier, Verizon.
    My current plan with Verizon runs $32 a month for unlimited talk and text.
    Their coverage here is excellent and should be in most places. Never a problem when I've had to travel.
    Lomax likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    905 times
    Check out Cricket Wireless. They offer an Alcatel flip phone for $30 and a talk and text plan for $25/monthly. Cricket is AT&T's prepaid service and uses their network nationwide.
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...ip-silver.html
    Guns have only 2 enemies, rust and politicians.
    You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stay alive.
    Assault is a behavior not a device, 69,997,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    If you have internet, you can get a Micro-Cell that plugs into your router and provides local coverage. AT&T sent me one free when I complained that the coverage had gone down to where it dropped calls all the time. They should be on eBay and Amazon and they will work with any cell phone.
    Last i heard At&t is dropping the micro cells. Don't think they are available anymore and as they die they won't replace them. They tell you to turn on wi-fi calling option, which is pretty much what the micro cell does already.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    10564 times
    Yup, it is pretty redundant, if you have a cell that can call through the internet. On the other hand, I don't need to let visitors connect to my router for calls. Had not heard AT&T was stopping issuing them. Not really sure why, but their cell service has degraded ever since they got fiber installed on the mountain, which is strange since their cell tower is right here on the mountain and provides service along HWY 72E.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Yup, it is pretty redundant, if you have a cell that can call through the internet. On the other hand, I don't need to let visitors connect to my router for calls. Had not heard AT&T was stopping issuing them. Not really sure why, but their cell service has degraded ever since they got fiber installed on the mountain, which is strange since their cell tower is right here on the mountain and provides service along HWY 72E.
    We used to have great cellphone reception at my workplace until at&t updated the tower 1/4 mile from us. Now we don't get any signal. That is when they gave us a microcell. It has since died and when we contacted them for a new one they told us they dropped that program and don't have them any more. Just use wi-fi calling. Which as you pointed out means giving people the wi-fi password.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    1180 times
    This whole cell phone search has been kind of a wash out. I did manage to find a replacement after visiting three Walmarts and two U.S. Cellular stores.

Henderson & Hancock County Sheriff's Department both use U.S Cellular, so I went with them. Only flip phones they offered were an LG Wine (for whining?) and a Kyocera flip that had flop ratings.

So yesterday morning started with a trip to the local Walmart. He salesman told me he couldn't sell me an LG Whine... that I'd have to visit the U.S. Cellular store in the strip mall across the street to buy the Whine. Grrr.

When I entered the second store, it was jammed full of customers. It looked like McDonalds at noon. I walked out. Then it dawned on me to drive by the local Westland Mall... a place I rarely visit since the place usually looks like a ghost town for all of the vacant shops. Sure enough, there was still a U.S. Cellular sign plastered on the building. It was just me and a single salesman. 30 minutes later and $130 lighter, I now have a new second phone.

I drove to Oquawka, IL to visit a friend and the Whine managed to bring in 4 out of five bars. My old Samsung had two bars. I then called the local eatery to order some grub and got through, something my Samsung wouldn't do. When I got home it would only pull in one bar, but my call went through, sounded better and it didn't drop out after 34 minutes. I guess that's a plus.

The debacle is over for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I'm glad you got it worked out and are satisfied. Cell phones are a blessing and curse, IMO, but I do enjoy being able to stay in touch with friends and family.
    Have a great day.
    Lomax and Peacemakr40 like this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30959 times
    In my opinion, there are just too many good options out there to stick with the major companies. I had Sprint for about 20 years, 3 lines, unlimited text and phone but 3gb data. Had it used up 10 days into the new month. Kept calling them, they refused to put me on a plan for unlimited data unless I paid a lot more. And, the kicker, I was already paying about $211 per month. Finally had enough, switched to MetroPCS, 3 lines, unlimited EVERYTHING, $90 per month. Flat rate. They even gave me 3 new phones. What was I thinking, staying with Sprint for that long? And even better, I never have any problem picking up a data signal. I was always having issues getting data with Sprint. Go figure.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links