Who lives in SE Alabama?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Who lives in SE Alabama?

Member #
    Liked
    962 times

Who lives in SE Alabama?

In particular, the Dothan area. Looks like I'll be spending more time there in the very near future and would like to know where I can send some ammo down range. I've found a few ranges that require membership but I'm looking for someplace open to the public.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so move it as you see fit.

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    There is a lot of farm land around. You might get lucky with someone you get to know. Did you start with googl?https://www.google.com/search?ei=ke0...30.GT4FAeMpnTQ

Now if you were southwest L.A. I could hook you up.

Member #
    Liked
    10573 times
    LOL, you are going to UCLA, aka Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama. That is as opposed to LA, aka Lower Alabama, which is over by Mobile.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    I recall that there were a couple of members who lived in what GreenWolf70 calls the "Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama". I think one went by the name Denton. Anybody know what happened to him? BTW people who reside in LA call y‘all Yankees up there in north Alabama.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    I recall that there were a couple of members who lived in what GreenWolf70 calls the "Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama". I think one went by the name Denton. Anybody know what happened to him. BTW people who reside in LA call y‘all Yankees up there in north Alabama.
    They might, except I grew up in Prichard, and not many folks up here are willing to mess with a Vigor Whiteboy.
    brojohn likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    They might, except I grew up in Prichard, and not many folks up here are willing to mess with a Vigor Whiteboy.
    Congratulations for surviving Prichard. You must be an old fart like me because life would get a little complicated if you lived there today.

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    I recall that there were a couple of members who lived in what GreenWolf70 calls the "Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama". I think one went by the name Denton. Anybody know what happened to him? BTW people who reside in LA call y‘all Yankees up there in north Alabama.
    Anybody north of Chilton county is suspect for sure.
    Flinger likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    My family is five generations downtown mobile. The family iron foundry help build most all of down town. Only one Aunt living on Government street. Everybody moved to the Eastern Shore.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2391 times
    I lived in Whistler for a short while, then moved to the Fowl River community of Irvington- just north of the speedway.
    I believe my wife went to Vigor for a couple years? She graduated in 72 from Saraland.
    If you are close to that date- pm me a name and I'll ask her if she knows you?

Edit: Sorry- meant that for Greenwolf- the Vigor white boy.
    Last edited by brojohn; 07-01-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    My fathers family is from the Dothan area. He spent a lot of time with his aunt and uncle when he was growing up they were sharecroppers just outside of Dothan.
    I haven't been there in many years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links