Anyone running Win 10? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Anyone running Win 10?

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Pretty sure that's a Sam's club tag. I wish they would carry more variety other than predominantly HP.
    I want to really like HP, and might gamble on them again at the right price. I do really appreciate their open source driver support on their printers.

Not too appreciative of using genuine HP ink cartridges just for the printer to say they are counterfeit. Not too keen on the continual maintenance mode that eats up all the ink. Not happy with the frequent connectivity problems, and it not waking up until turning on and off wireless or powering on and off the printer and then waiting and waiting only for it to want to do a maintenance or clean cycle. Super when you are trying to quickly print up a contract for a customer when time is of the essence.

I don't even think you can replace the printer heads on the newest ones, not that it was ever cost effective rather than buying a whole new printer. Figure in the cost of $60 to $120 bucks in ink cartridges that the printer quickly ate while trying to figure out what's going on until it won't print anything.

Other than that I loved that Officejet Pro8500 the first year and a half or so. Could do everything you wanted it to very well.

My sister's 8600 does a lot of the same on connectivity and so does my aunt's 4500. The counterfeit cartridge thing pops up too.

A few people I know have had their share of problems with the laptops too.

I think I read where Xerox might buy out the HP printer unit. I'll have to refresh memory on that article.
    Last edited by right2arms; 12-07-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    The HP and Zerox acquisition or merger has taken new turns with heavy hitting investors sitting on their boards fighting it out on who should be the "er" or the "ee". In other words who's buying who. They are talking about each other wanting to take over the the whole other company, not just buying a division.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1XR0RC

Member #
    Liked
    11219 times
    When it comes to printers, I have found that color laser printers are cheap to the point where they are much more cost effective than ink. The toner lasts many times longer than ink and I don't have to worry about the toner drying up. I picked up a HP MFP M281fdw for $250 on sale at Costco several years ago and I just love it. While I paid a little more for the color laser than I would have for an ink jet, the longer lasting toner alone has made it cheaper in the long run.
    jwc007 likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links