What were you doing 50 years ago (1969)? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: What were you doing 50 years ago (1969)?

Member #
    Liked
    3101 times
    I was a USMC draftee serving on Okinawa keeping our country safe from ladies of the evening. Was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't end up in Nam as so many draftees did. As a matter of fact, I remember thinking when I got drafted into the Marines in 68, Viet Nam here I come.
    Resist much, obey little. Walt Whitman

Semper Fi

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr110 View Post
    Getting ready to be a H.S. senior and getting my Chevy SS-396 ready for the quarter mile at the old Dallas International Speedway.

Attachment 441505

Attachment 441507
    Very Nice! I had a '70 SS 396. That was when I was 19 and out of high school, though.

Fifty years ago I was 11 years old, just finished the 6th grade and was anxiously awaiting the moon landing!

dlr110 likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I was back in Vietnam, this time as a Pilot flying Hueys, I had been there before as a Combat Medic. I decided that the Infantry way was just a lot of miserable work, not for a smart guy like me. Nope, easy aviating was for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1110 times
    I was in I CORPS Quang Nam Province Vietnam for first six month and sixteen days of 1969.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16458 times
    15 years old and seeing just how much trouble I could get into. I turned 16 late in the year, and found out the family alpha male could still lay waste to my best laid plans. Big Daddy Incorporated ruled the roost until I was out and about, on my own. We always seemed to butt heads, but what I didn't know until later in life, was that he was proud as punch when I joined the military.
    Kevin Keith likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    I was 10 and at summer camp in the vicinity of Las Vegas, New Mexico. My best friend got baptized. I didn't.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links