The Texas crisis............. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Texas crisis.............

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    ...could this be the beginnings of another civil war?! "The sauce will rise again"!
    DeltaBravoKS and glenwolde like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    4751 times
    I know this is sacrilege and I will be publicly flogged as a blasphemer, but as a 25+ year Texas resident I can truthfully say that I have never cared for a What-A-Burger burger. Too sloppy, too much mustard and really not that good to me. There are many other choices here in Texas (chain and non-chain) that are much better that W-A-B.

.. let the flogging begin.
    BigSkiff likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Keep WHATABURGER a Texas Company!

those investors will ruin it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5740 times
    Whataburger is not owned by any easterner or Westerner or anybody else in the US of a. Whataburger was purchased buy an investment Bank that Is owned by a company called Jab from Luxembourg in Europe. It is a huge company with sales of close to 200 billion dollars a year. They own not only Whataburger but Krispy Kreme, Panera Bread, Einstein Bagels, and probably a dozen other coffee and bakery chains in the United States as well as England. They purchased Krispy Kreme a year or two ago for 1.38 billion dollar.

Very few American retail chains still belong to the families or Founders that started them. If they are any success at all they belong to someone else.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    I feel that like others have stated it will go down hill quickly, our local WAB are all good on food quality and service on the other hand our local Dairy Queen resturants are all aging and the crews there are not the best, the food is good but there is something about going in ordering food from someone wearing an apron that looks like it was last washed during the Vietnam era and then being delivered by someone that does not have a single inch of visible skin that is not covered in tattoos. I also have tattoos but they are in areas that I can keep covered if required, some of these folks just look nasty.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    I quit Whataburger a year or so back. They changed the way they make them. Nasty cool burger now. Won't even melt the cheese. They cook the meat ahead of time now and sit it on a "hold" warming plate. All the hot grease runs off and the meat cools. When they make the burger with ice cold pickle and lettuce any warmth is canceled. It will not melt cheese or taste as good. Good bye to a great cheese burger. They sux now.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I know this is sacrilege and I will be publicly flogged as a blasphemer, but as a 25+ year Texas resident I can truthfully say that I have never cared for a What-A-Burger burger. Too sloppy, too much mustard and really not that good to me. There are many other choices here in Texas (chain and non-chain) that are much better that W-A-B.

.. let the flogging begin.
    Well now, you opened an entirely 'nother can of worms with that post....in fact, you have a burger joint close to you that me and the missus go to about once a month, Country Burger over off of Independence in Plano. Good stuff.
    chefduane likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    I quit Whataburger a year or so back. They changed the way they make them. Nasty cool burger now. Won't even melt the cheese. They cook the meat ahead of time now and sit it on a "hold" warming plate. All the hot grease runs off and the meat cools. When they make the burger with ice cold pickle and lettuce any warmth is canceled. It will not melt cheese or taste as good. Good bye to a great cheese burger. They sux now.
    Sounds like they were preparing for a sale by changing their practices to cut corners and increase the bottom line--makes the deal even better when selling!

Ain't this a great country where you can start a burger chain and then sell it off to some ferners?

When I go to Dallas, the first place I stop to eat is In N Out. Whataburger is good, but In N Out has then beat in my opinion.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    This little exercise just shows that we all have different tastes. Not that anyone of them are better, just different. I've had good burgers from all over the country, but yes I've been a WAB fan for decades. However I still think nothing is better than some good Mom & Pop run burger joint or the grill in your own back yard.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

David
    U.S. Navy Retired

TAURUS:
    JUDGE .45LC/.410GA Public Defender; 605 Protector .357 Magnum Revolver; TH9 9 MM Semi-Automatic;
    TH9C 9MM Compact; Spectrum .380 Semi-Automatic;
    RUGER LCP .380 Semi-Automatic

Member #
    Liked
    7388 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    Dairy Queen is better !!
    Tell me what you know !! I haven’t heard anything on that !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links