Video of Iran's navy in action - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Video of Iran's navy in action

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Member #
    25857
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Fort Worth TX
    Posts
    13,545
    Liked
    21409 times
    Trump needs to send Iran a very cheap simple gift. The gift would be a very powerful message.
    Name:  lib5143.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  45.8 KB
    CJS3 likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23778
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    formerly Michigan, now South Carolina
    Posts
    655
    Liked
    849 times
    OR.....and this is just a thought from a Vietnam vet, why not let some of the European nations that are far more dependent on this oil deal with the situation. Seems like whenever there is a problem, they let the U.S. do all the 'heavy lifting' and paying the expenses while they lend token assistance and reap far more of the benefits. We can assist them with intelligence and let their armed forces do what is necessary for a change and then send them the bill for our services. Unless Iran gets a nuclear capability or directly attacks our military, I would rather not see the U.S. squander more of our servicemen's lives and increase our national debt so Europe can have cheaper fuel prices. The Middle East is a nightmare and it is always much easier to get involved with those crazy zealots than it is to get out of there once we are involved. Iraq and Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1629
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,771
    Liked
    7936 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
    OR.....and this is just a thought from a Vietnam vet, why not let some of the European nations that are far more dependent on this oil deal with the situation. Seems like whenever there is a problem, they let the U.S. do all the 'heavy lifting' and paying the expenses while they lend token assistance and reap far more of the benefits. We can assist them with intelligence and let their armed forces do what is necessary for a change and then send them the bill for our services. Unless Iran gets a nuclear capability or directly attacks our military, I would rather not see the U.S. squander more of our servicemen's lives and increase our national debt so Europe can have cheaper fuel prices. The Middle East is a nightmare and it is always much easier to get involved with those crazy zealots than it is to get out of there once we are involved. Iraq and Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.
    I totally agree ! They're trying to drag us in to a fight, but so far we haven't been on the receiving end of their attacks. It won't take much for us to get involved - the groundwork is currently being set- but the time isn't right yet. Shoot down/at a drone, or approach one of our assets, then all bets are off. Let other parties step up to the plate and do their duty.
    Car_Doc, kschilk and slong115 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Member #
    28855
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    16,378
    Liked
    32820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassrh View Post
    I totally agree ! They're trying to drag us in to a fight, but so far we haven't been on the receiving end of their attacks. It won't take much for us to get involved - the groundwork is currently being set- but the time isn't right yet. Shoot down/at a drone, or approach one of our assets, then all bets are off. Let other parties step up to the plate and do their duty.
    They did shoot a missile at one of our drones. They want nukes......it's time we send 'em a few.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

    Criminal's lives DON'T matter!



    I miss my 286.

    #Neverwarren

  6. #15
    Moderator

    Member #
    17036
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Half way to Texarkana
    Posts
    16,180
    Liked
    21864 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
    OR.....and this is just a thought from a Vietnam vet, why not let some of the European nations that are far more dependent on this oil deal with the situation. Seems like whenever there is a problem, they let the U.S. do all the 'heavy lifting' and paying the expenses while they lend token assistance and reap far more of the benefits. We can assist them with intelligence and let their armed forces do what is necessary for a change and then send them the bill for our services. Unless Iran gets a nuclear capability or directly attacks our military, I would rather not see the U.S. squander more of our servicemen's lives and increase our national debt so Europe can have cheaper fuel prices. The Middle East is a nightmare and it is always much easier to get involved with those crazy zealots than it is to get out of there once we are involved. Iraq and Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.
    Send the French....
    slong115 likes this.
    Definition of clip

    1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    20636
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shawnee country
    Posts
    1,568
    Liked
    1123 times
    I wonder if it's the Saudis behind the attack, or the UAE. The Japanese ship owner is saying his vessel was hit by an airborne device. I trust Sunni Arabs even less than I do the Iranians. MBS (Saudi ruler) and MBZ (UAE leader) both seem to be itching for a fight with Iran. I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for either one, neither is worth the life of a Navy pilot or a US Marine.
    Last edited by troutkiller; 06-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    slong115 likes this.
    God wishes, the Devil expects.

  8. #17
    Member
    Member #
    68921
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    106 times
    im gonna say this and then im gonna shut my mouth -

    if you have not served or have not seen combat then you should refrain from pushing for war. its not just your enemy who suffers its effects.

    and by the way - video of a ship removing a mine is not the same as video of a ship placing a mine. that mine was probably being removed after the ship was evacuated to save it from accidental detonation and possible sinking causing a major environmental catastrophe.
    troutkiller and slong115 like this.

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49535
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    midwest usa
    Posts
    2,870
    Liked
    3256 times
    Does anyone know if the crew that was "rescued" or taken hostage (depending on your POV until they are interviewed I guess) have been released yet?

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Member #
    28855
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    16,378
    Liked
    32820 times
    Well, warfare on any scale isn't much of a picnic for anyone involved but when it becomes inevitable, postponing it only makes it more costly for all. Iran is hell-bent on starting a world war, one way or another. It is what it is and as always, there will conflict eventually and people will die. The sooner it's on, the shorter and less bloody it's likely to be. This all could've and should've been taken care of about 43 years ago.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

    Criminal's lives DON'T matter!



    I miss my 286.

    #Neverwarren

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    Member #
    20636
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shawnee country
    Posts
    1,568
    Liked
    1123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Does anyone know if the crew that was "rescued" or taken hostage (depending on your POV until they are interviewed I guess) have been released yet?
    They were rescued by a passing ship and would not transfer to an Iranian rescue boat that showed up shortly afterwards. They did transfer to the USS Bainbridge eventually.
    God wishes, the Devil expects.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •