How often do y’all have to patch a tire
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How often do y’all have to patch a tire

Member #
    Liked
    41615 times

How often do y’all have to patch a tire

Stumbled out of the house this morning at 6 am. Get in the car, pulling out of the driveway there is that familiar sound of a flat tire. Get out, ask the spousal unit if she’s going anywhere today; answer is yes.

Go back out, get the portable air compressor, air it up. Get to work. It’s flat an hour later. Leave work early to get tire patched. Seems like I have to do this twice a year at least!

Y’all have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    777Driver, Jake3501 and kruizer like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13237 times
    Nope!
    Desperado likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Member #
    Liked
    2574 times
    Never. Must be those cactus spikes.
    I am the nicest guy on earth, Just ask me.
    Sand Lake 2014, 2015
    Wisconsin 2014, 2015, 2017
    Rapid City 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
    Non Illigitimus Carborundum

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4620 times
    I carry a plug kit in my truck.

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    I believe the last flat tire I had on a car or truck was in 2001, got a roofing nail in my pickup tire. Up here, most flats are the result of corrosion on the rim and they leak around the bead. I used to get flats all the time on my bikes, usually the front tire and always because the valve stem got torn......I'm pretty hard on the front brake. Are they finding anything in the tire......and considering to whom I'm directing that question......I'd better add besides a hole?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    41615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I believe the last flat tire I had on a car or truck was in 2001, got a roofing nail in my pickup tire. Up here, most flats are the result of corrosion on the rim and they leak around the bead. I used to get flats all the time on my bikes, usually the front tire and always because the valve stem got torn......I'm pretty hard on the front brake. Are they finding anything in the tire......and considering to whom I'm directing that question......I'd better add besides a hole?
    Always nails. A nail this instance too.

kschilk likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    19081 times
    Just curious, does your car have a spare or is it one of the Fix A Flat cans and a portable air compressor setups that Ford is becoming so proud of?

Seems like buying a car with a full size spare tire is almost a thing of the past anymore.
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    41615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Just curious, does your car have a spare or is it one of the Fix A Flat cans and a portable air compressor setups that Ford is becoming so proud of?

Seems like buying a car with a full size spare tire is almost a thing of the past anymore.
    My escape has a full size spare on a crap wheel under the vehicle. I have a air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter and will fill a tire from the ground to 35 psi in 4 minutes. I don’t use the slime air in a can because the people servicing the tire don’t appreciate it when the tire explodes.

NotSo and jonrjen like this.

Molon Labe

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30595 times
    I had a lease in a hunting club I was in. Lease in question was in "Pumpville", 13 miles west of Langtrey in the trans pecos. I got several thorns in my tires out there on my 4x4 Toyota and cut one on a rock, ruined that one. I bought spare wheels off a guy, toted 4 spares with me when I went out there. One year I used 3 of 'em.

Around here, not so many thorns. And, I do carry plugs. I need to get a new 12v tire pump, though. Mine's on the fritz.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Always nails. A nail this instance too.

Sounds like you're route's possibly been salted, either accidentally or intentionally. Not that long ago, a scrap truck loaded with machine shop turnings went through here and his tailgate was tweaked. It salted its entire route with those things for over 120 miles across several counties, most all of it main highways and Interstates. Hundreds of people had flat tires just in this immediate area, all the tire shops were backed up for several days. Of course, the trucking company had to pay for all those tires
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links