Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Hoody on a hot summer's day

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16925 times

Hoody on a hot summer's day

I know it's all about style, but I just saw the kid across the street mowing the lawn, wearing his high school workout sweats, and he had the hood pulled up over his head. Not the pants mind you, just the hoody. The same one he wears when the temp drops into the 40s. Now I understand about style. There are teenage girls a few doors down and a mom that attracts a crowd when she does yard work, but it's in the high 80s, low 90s now. When I was his age, a hot summer's day meant the shirt was coming off (I had girls across the street from us) and I was going to show off my imaginary physique.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    19341 times
    In our days it was all about getting the tan on our imaginary physique. Now we are treating skin cancer from the suns damage.

Now it's about protecting ones self from the suns damaging rays and sweating out the bodies impurities. Not all that different than what farmers and rancher did may decades ago.

Weren't we a bunch of darn fools looking back now.
    Wino and TrucksNCoffee like this.

Member #
    Liked
    29668 times
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one puzzled by this "fad" or what tag they're using.

With no intentions of offense, it seems more prevalent with certain ethnic groups.

Thursday it was 97 degrees here with a heat index of 104, and these young folks were walking around with thick hooded sweat shirts and winter knit stock caps to boot!

I'd melt like a Popsicle on a charcoal grill in such attire.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    GhostHorse, darbo and loudviking like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33924 times
    ...maybe the sun/skin cancer thing is just a hoax perpetrated by the hoodie mfgrs?
    DeltaBravoKS and Yissnakk like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    986 times
    Yo yo yo check it out. Kids today are all about being fit or they look like the Michelin tire man, And both can be seen in a hoodie 24 -7.
    I would say the hoodie would cook his brain but that pea was shelled and cooked long before he got on the mower.
    I grew up on the gulf coast, worked marine construction in ship yards, off shore, commercial diver, salvage, recovery, inspection...
    I have worked 12-16 hour days dressed in steal toe shoes, long pants, long shirt, nomix cover alls, life jacket, hardhat, glasses, gloves, ear plugs to type - B containment suit,wet suit, dry suit to just swim trunks on a steal deck with the heat index 125+ .
    The only reason to wear a heavy hoodie like that is you are brain dead. Now i have kayak fishing shirts with a hoodie. I don't use it as i like my fishing hat.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33439 times
    People used to dress according to the season. Now they wear shorts and flip flops on cold days in the dead of winter with a heavy coat.

Even weddings, funerals and other events seem to be come as you are. You'll see everything from suits and ties to filthy jeans and t-shirts. So many have no pride in their appearance. They just gotta be them, and tough if you don't like it. The "me" and "I" folks.
    JimmyA likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    Maybe he is a wrestler/fighter trying to make weight?
    GhostHorse and Yissnakk like this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    19665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    I know it's all about style, but I just saw the kid across the street mowing the lawn, wearing his high school workout sweats, and he had the hood pulled up over his head. Not the pants mind you, just the hoody. The same one he wears when the temp drops into the 40s. Now I understand about style. There are teenage girls a few doors down and a mom that attracts a crowd when she does yard work, but it's in the high 80s, low 90s now. When I was his age, a hot summer's day meant the shirt was coming off (I had girls across the street from us) and I was going to show off my imaginary physique.
    We get the same thing over here. Walk outside and can't hardly breath because the air is so thick and hot! But the hoodies and stocking caps are out there. Whatever works for them.

Member #
    Liked
    7169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
    Maybe he is a wrestler/fighter trying to make weight?
    My first thought too (coached wrestling for about a dozen years), but if it was a wrestler I'd expect full sweat suit, maybe even with garbage bag liners underneath.

Yes, seen it done. It's hard to convince kids that sweating off water weight isn't long-term loss and isn't a healthy way to take off the pounds.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    where I live in South Carolina, I see guys wearing the knit stocking caps in hot weather more often. When it is high 90's outside and they are wearing something that I (with shaved head) would only wear in the winter, my first thought is that their head must really smell 'lovely' by the end of the day. Not sure where this 'fashion trend' came from but then again, when I lived in Michigan, I saw a trend of younger guys wearing shorts when it was far below freezing outside. I just don't get it, I guess...but then I am 67 yrs old and apparently no longer 'cool'.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links