Hoody on a hot summer's day - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Hoody on a hot summer's day

Member #
    Liked
    1695 times
    Then there is my neighbor Jeffrey. His kids are mid-teens.

He wears his thin, shiny gym shorts and a tee-shirt with the sleeves torn off - - -and flip-flops when he is outside, whether sitting around the picnic-table with his buds, mowing grass, burning leaves, or running his snow-blower down my front walk. He WILL put on a hoodie, covering his head, (but won't zip it up)) if it is snowing, but not otherwise. And he IS outdoors a lot, all year.

Mrs. Flash asked his wife about it once, a half a decade ago, and the only answer she got was, "Ahhhh - - - you know how Jeffie is. He played football when he was at the University." (that is, upstate, in COLD country)
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    9404 times
    A long sleeved hoodie and long pantalones would make my dermatologist ecstatic. Expect she would also approve a head to toe wet suit as proper swim wear. She says it's better than basil cell carcinoma or worse.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33534 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    Mrs. Flash asked his wife about it once, a half a decade ago, and the only answer she got was, "Ahhhh - - - you know how Jeffie is. He played football when he was at the University." (that is, upstate, in COLD country)
    That explains everything. Head injuries!
    jtg452 and william like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4062 times
    96º and about 75% humidity the other day -- saw several black hoodies. Black or dark gray seem to be prevalent.
    I also recall many years back the gothic people in knee-high black boots, all black long clothing and a big old long black overcoat -- in the middle of summer.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33534 times
    They think it looks cool, but it ain't cool.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    6553 times
    Millennials ?

Member #
    Liked
    8161 times
    What the hoodie class wears doesn't bother me at all - it's their discomfort, not mine. BUT if I see one in a store or on a parking lot, I watch EVERY move they make.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16976 times
    95 degrees and 90% humidity yesterday and a guy standing on a street corner, in full sun, wearing a red flannel jacket and wool cap. I guess he's just cold natured.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31453 times
    When I see some kid in the Texas heat with a hoodie on like that, I move my shooting hand a little closer to the butt of my gun. Just sayin'.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    A long sleeved hoodie and long pantalones would make my dermatologist ecstatic. Expect she would also approve a head to toe wet suit as proper swim wear. She says it's better than basil cell carcinoma or worse.

And, you know, if no one got skin cancer in their old age, what would they do for a living? I have a wide brimmed summer hat that has mesh in it to allow the air to circulate. I haven't been doing much fishing, usually wear it when working in the yard or out back on my place in summer. Ain't much you can do when fishing. The sun reflects off the water right under that brim. But, if I work a friggin' hoodie, I'd be wetter than if I just jumped in the water.

They make these fishing shirts, mesh in the back for air circulation, sleeves that roll up and a strap to keep 'em from rolling back down, you've probably seen 'em. I call 'em "Port O'Connor shirts" because they seem to be en vogue in POC. I have one, but the thing is NOT all cotton, has man made fabric in it that doesn't breath. The mesh in it doesn't make up for the awful fabric. I really bought it because, at the time, living in Port Lavaca, I figured I'd blend in and the shirt is very loose, long tail, and covers an OWB weapon rather well. But, after wearing it in the heat, it's been on a hanger in the closet ever since. I got the thing at Academy, but every convenience store and bait shop in Port O'Connor has 'em.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links