woman shoots and kills hit and run driver..............!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: woman shoots and kills hit and run driver..............!

Member #
    Liked
    871 times

woman shoots and kills hit and run driver..............!

What the "H" was she thinking? Apparently she was not even involved in the accident.

As if the anti-gun crowd needs any more reasons to scream for disarming everyone. this comes along..........

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/po...zsIBUcDJcoxAK/

On my local news the day this happened they were saying that the victim's wife was claiming that he was diabetic and may have been in a state of confusion due to blood sugar levels. This will be interesting to follow......but on the surface, it doesn't look good for this gal's side of things.

Not sure of Georgia's concealed carry laws or if you are allowed to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle, but there was no mention of her being licensed or not.
    kschilk, WoodyUSSLUCE and 230JHP like this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33258 times
    Near the end of the article, it states that she was licensed to carry. That doesn't make one a police officer. She should have just been a good witness instead.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    33567 times
    Pursuing, punching and trying to drag him out of his car......all over a minor fender bender? ...me thinks the accident had nothing to do with it. I'd guess she was anxious to use that gun on someone and just lookin' for an excuse. If not him, she'd have prob'ly shot someone else just for jaywalkin' or mowing their lawn in the wrong direction. Unfortunately, some mistake a carry permit for a hunting license.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Near the end of the article, it states that she was licensed to carry. That doesn't make one a police officer. She should have just been a good witness instead.
    Ah....I missed that in this article. When this was making the local news here in South Carolina there was no mention of it so I probably just didn't look closely enough! DUH! Thanks

And, she absolutely should have just been a witness and not gone any further into getting involved. Just based on what I have seen and read, she aggressively interjected herself into a minor situation and that escalated into a deadly one due to her actions. Of course, I am sure more facts will come out if/when this goes to trial.

Some citizens can sure show odd behavior at times. I remember back when I was a cop, I got sent to a house because the woman there was complaining about cars speeding on her street. She actually demanded that I give her my ticket book so that she could stop them and write tickets to those that she thought were speeding. I told her that I had already signed for these tickets and she would have to go see the police chief about getting her own ticket book. Chief got paid 3X what I did....let him deal with her! I never heard anything more about it so I doubt that she went to see him. LOL At least she didn't demand that I leave her my service revolver so that she could shoot them.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and 230JHP like this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    31798 times
    Hey, she was on her way to a date with Rep. Eric Swalwell. She's the level headed one of the pair.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    21900 times
    Yep, she really doesn't have much of a defense to support her shooting of someone. Use of lethal force is allowed to PREVENT harm coming to another, not after the fact.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    9407 times
    She is going to do some time over that and should from what I have seen so far at least ! She faced no threat and it does not appear to be a justified shooting by a long stretch !
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Gotta side with the shooting victim on this one. She could have followed, given directions to dispatch and maintained a safe distance so as not to create an altercation..

Proving her mindset may be the difference between Murder 2 and Manslaughter.

The aggressive attack through the deceased's vehicle window and punching and trying to pull from vehicle makes it difficult to take the murder charge off the table.
    WoodyUSSLUCE, 230JHP and jtg452 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7054 times
    Plenty of holes and omissions in the article, no way to tell how many errors, either.

kschilk (
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Pursuing, punching and trying to drag him out of his car......all over a minor fender bender? ...me thinks the accident had nothing to do with it. -snip-
    has a good point -- there has to be more backstory to the incident.

Arguably, once she began following him she became the aggressor and liable for anything that happened after. Blocking him in and ordering him out of the car would escalate that to another level. But the 'diabetiic shock' detail raises another aspect -- many people can confuse diabetic shock for inebriation. Payne might have thought Herring was drunk, and felt she was trying to help keep a drunk driver from causing other worse accidents. Not excusing it, just looking at another angle.

True, there are people who see a CWP as an old-time 'regulator's badge'; it might be interesting to know how many deadly force incidents licensed concealed carriers are involved with, based on how long each had been licensed to carry and what type of incident it was.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    No doubt she is in deep dodo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links