woman shoots and kills hit and run driver..............! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: woman shoots and kills hit and run driver..............!

Member #
    Liked
    5003 times
    A concealed carry permit does not a vigilante make!

Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    Plenty of holes and omissions in the article, no way to tell how many errors, either.

kschilk ( has a good point -- there has to be more backstory to the incident.

Arguably, once she began following him she became the aggressor and liable for anything that happened after. Blocking him in and ordering him out of the car would escalate that to another level. But the 'diabetiic shock' detail raises another aspect -- many people can confuse diabetic shock for inebriation. Payne might have thought Herring was drunk, and felt she was trying to help keep a drunk driver from causing other worse accidents. Not excusing it, just looking at another angle.

True, there are people who see a CWP as an old-time 'regulator's badge'; it might be interesting to know how many deadly force incidents licensed concealed carriers are involved with, based on how long each had been licensed to carry and what type of incident it was.
    I'm guessing here (hey, after all, it's the Internet) if legal CC holders were involved in many shootings, it would be front and center on the news every night. It would advance a narrative, and we just don't see it very often. Just look at how many legal uses of a gun to thwart a crime go unnoticed. It doesn't advance the narrative so we don't hear about it.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3791 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I'm guessing here (hey, after all, it's the Internet) if legal CC holders were involved in many shootings, it would be front and center on the news every night. It would advance a narrative, and we just don't see it very often. Just look at how many legal uses of a gun to thwart a crime go unnoticed. It doesn't advance the narrative so we don't hear about it.
    Yeah but there have been a couple in the last week, this one, and the woman at a camp ground who ran off a couple she didn't seem to like being there. Granted no shots were fired in that last one, but still she was brandishing in a threatening manner. The overwhelming majority of CC holders manage to keep off the radar thankfully, but if this keeps up there will be a pattern, and a pattern screams out to be noticed.
    Czechbikr and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21871 times
    Dem Georgia girls be cray cray....
    WoodyUSSLUCE and RScottie like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    6493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I agree with you -- if the media could howl about there being anything close to the 'blood in the streets' that was predicted when shall-issue permits were being debated, we'd be inundated with their hand-wringing and crocodile tears.

I was just curious about the correlation of firearms violations by CC holders with the length of time they had been a CC holder, balanced against what their violation was.

Payne was 21, so it would be reasonable to infer she had been a CC holder less than a year. Her act seemed more vigilante than anything else. On the other hand, the 'Parking Enforcer' from Florida last year had carried for a few years, IIRC.

Maybe there's no connection; just curious.
    slong115 likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    6154 times
    Sounds like from what I read she is in a whole lot of trouble.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18785 times
    Regarding Ga carry laws. You do NOT have to have any kind of permit to keep a gun, loaded or unloaded, in a personal vehicle. You DO need a permit, GWCL, to carry on your person outside your vehicle/off your property. So carry permit status is not in play here. And there is no evidence of her having any fear to personal safety.

She is in the wrong.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Hmmm! Seems like her husband is the only winner. Bye bye dear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links