Not a happy thread this time. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Not a happy thread this time.

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    May he find rest for his soul, and all the related family and you friends at least be at peace with his situation. Our prayers are with you all.

I grew up in a small, close-knit rural community, and one of my high school classmates' father hanged himself in the barn. I asked my own father why people do this - he said: " No one will ever know or understand. Each person has to face his own life as he can." It is still unfathomable, but I believe it will all get sorted out on the other side of the Veil.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    22795 times
    I pray that your shock and unease pass soon. It is very sad and confusing when this happens; it's also so very sad that so many of us TA.net'ers have lost someone we've known this same way...
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    7952 times
    Had a friend commit suicide nearly 35 years ago. Had a physical ailments that was going to eventually kill him (heart condition). Took a cocktail of drugs that stopped his heart. Understood why he did it, but still painful to know that he passed that way.

You can go absolutely bonkers trying to answer the "What if" question, and the "Could I have done something to help" question, but in the end you will realize that it was their decision to do what they did. It is difficult to get past what happened, but it is easier with time and understanding.
    "Our indulgence wore out with you A LONG time ago".
    - Rep. Jim Jordan to Rep. Adam Schiff about the "Impeachment Inquiry"

As has that of the majority of Americans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    755 times
    My family’s thoughts and prayers are with you. There are no words that can bring back the loss. I’m sure that the words echo here from everyone, we are here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2228 times
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Suicide is something that touches most friends and families. With us it was my wife's cousin. We are a close, tight knit family, more so back when this occurred. Her cousin had suffered from MS for years but had a large and loving support group. Still, one day he walked out in to the back yard with his .45. I guess that he had just had enough.

Member #
    Liked
    9434 times
    Sorry for your loss and in my prayers ! If someone really wants to do that there is not much that can be done to stop them as they will find a way.
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Member #
    Liked
    19715 times
    My condolences for your loss.

Member #
    Liked
    32216 times
    May the Father cover you, his family, and his other friends with the grace and peace only He can provide.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    16447 times
    I couldn't say it better, so I'm repeating this:

Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I am sorry for your loss. May he find the peace that he couldn't get on this earth. Prayers for him, his family and friends.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    4269 times
    A devastating event, my prayers for you, his friends and family. I lost my mother to suicide.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links