OOPS, Did it Again
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: OOPS, Did it Again

Member #
    Liked
    41576 times

OOPS, Did it Again

Landed in Facebook jail for another 30 days. Apparently someone took exception to a youtube video I posted on a news article. What's interesting is the language on the ban notification box "You may have used Facebook in a way that our systems consider unusual, even if you didn't mean to. You can post again in 30 days". Don't post anything satirical that even remotely alludes to a protected class or the thought police will come after you. Well at least I didn't do it during Pride Month this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    darbo, silverstring and 777Driver like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    19069 times
    Wonder which of our elected officials will be the first to present a "Bill" that reads something along the line that being a habitual Facebook Felon will disqualify said individual from owning, purchasing, or the possession of a firearm.

Just thinking out loud here is all.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    2370 times
    Well ....congratulations. You P'eed off a liberal.

Now you know what happened to "free speech".
    They re-defined it: Free speech means to a liberal that he/she/it can say anything they want, because they are telling the truth. But, conservatives can not- because they only engage in hate speech.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6467 times
    I've had that presented to me twice already this year, 60 days in FB jail just in calendar year 2019 and we aren't even half there.
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    10202 times
    I just find it amazing that we let a corporation track our personal data, sell it, and then censor our speech, when we would never let the government do that. Actually, it is against the law for the government to do that, so why isn't it illegal for corporations to do that?

Now if it is OK for corporations to track our individual personal data and sell, why not let the government do it? I mean, if we eliminated federal and state income taxes by doing this wouldn't it be worth it? At least this way we would get something back in return for our personal data. And if it is not OK for the government to do this, why the heck would we let evil corporations, where the People have no say in what is done, do this?

It seems to me we should treat government and corporations alike. For instance, if a corporation spent the workers' pension funds and were paying pensions out of operating funds, they would all go to jail, but we let the federal government do that without penalty. Then, if the government tracked individual personal data of Americans, and/ or sold that data they would go to jail (well, if they get caught), while it is OK for corporations to do the same thing and profit from it. Even "quid pro quo" in this case is equivalent to the Indians getting beads for Manhattan.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 05-21-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30470 times
    Private company, as I see it. Don't like the rules? Vote with your feet. I'm not into social media, but I understand there are other such media, like Instagram.
    jtg452 and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    3753 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    Well ....congratulations. You P'eed off a liberal.

Now you know what happened to "free speech".
    They re-defined it: Free speech means to a liberal that he/she/it can say anything they want, because they are telling the truth. But, conservatives can not- because they only engage in hate speech.
    Actually one of my friends on FB is a die hard liberal that pretty much spends his day on FB bashing Trump, senators, evangelicals, and Republicans and anything else he considers right wing. I would say he's been gone a total of 6 months out of the last year because of FB bans. While it's true FB has people on the payroll that look for that kind of thing, there's around 1.5 billion people active on FB every day, so even with an army of moderators, good luck. What gets the mods attention more often than not are users who have been reported by other users, which often means a person on your friends list was offended by a comment you made and ratted you out to the FB police. My point, FB isn't playing favorites. If you are flagged because of something you said and they deem it to be out of bounds, you go in the box.
    Texheim likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    1121 times
    What I noticed on facebook (This is possibly going to offend someone). 1. There are many videos of gangs of many races that post criminal activity on facebook. Those videos stay up for a very long time. 2. There are videos of people of Hispanic, African, and South American decent committing crimes in their country and in the United States. Those videos are never removed or banned. 3. Facebook banned part of a document (I do not remember which one) that had to do with AMERICA because it contained the word "savages". 4. Facebook took a video down that I posted on the site because it pointed these things out. 5. Facebook doesn't let educated, white, middle class persons, with sense post offensive comments. Yes I can prove this. One of my best friends is black, really good guy. Me and him experimented with this. WE posted the same exact videos, made the same exact comments. guess who got banned. (Our comments and videos where THE EXACT SAME). Everything we posted was extremely controversial it covered race, gang violence, transgender issues, poverty, and other races. Yep, I got hit for 30 days. He didn't get so much as a warning. As far as I am concerned I don't need facebook because of its racial bias. WE thought about making it a much bigger test and sending our results to the media with proof or putting it on youtube. However, because so many news channels rely on facebook and its affiliates we highly doubted it would even make a story. It's funny if you think about it. Facebook has infiltrated so far into mainstream media it makes you wonder how much they influence it.
    Last edited by Brian845; 05-21-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Private company, as I see it. Don't like the rules? Vote with your feet. I'm not into social media, but I understand there are other such media, like Instagram.
    Last I heard FB owns Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    20084 times
    Facebook: where angry people go to die.
    Car_Doc likes this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Warning: Posts by this individual contain matter which is known
    by the State of California to cause warpage of space and time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links