OOPS, Did it Again - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: OOPS, Did it Again

Member #
    Liked
    7366 times
    Personally i wish goberment would just shut down all social media groups like FB , Instagram , Twitter , LinkedIn , etc..... Foxnews, CNN and etc..... . They’re all worthless ! Then forums like T.A. could get back to gun talk and related items like knifes !

Member #
    Liked
    10070 times
    IMO, programs like Facebook and Instagram are the new public square, so freedom of speech should be in place. Again IMO, if crimes are posted, if terrorists post, the government should have every right to use those posts to prosecute, just as they would if criminals/terrorists posted their activities in a public place, which is what these programs are. But nobody should be censoring anything. Google and Amazon which are tracking everything, including your emails and other activities non-Google/Amazon, should be treated under the same laws that restrict the activities of intelligence and law enforcement agencies. The government owns the internet pipeline, and should shut down any programs which violate our basic Constitutionally guaranteed rights. The way things are working now, the corporations collect information the government is legally restricted from collecting, the government gets a FISA warrant for that information and collects the information that they are prohibited by law from collecting. A legal back door, if you would. However, I think, the effort was/has been collaborative between the two as they both conducted activities that would be considered illegal, or unethical, if known. Those secret uncontrolled Deep State organizations obviously exist, and are working with the explicit cooperation of all of these corporations. At one time I did not believe this conspiracy theory, but several years at the Pentagon and understanding how these bureaucratic organizations work, I am past the point where I believe it is possible, to where I am now certain they do exist.

If I were King for a day, one of the things I would do would be to standardize the EULA to include a User's Bill of Rights, and legal restrictions that corporations must adhere to.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 05-21-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    1121 times
    You know what the problem with your very first couple of sentences. The people who are in a position of power to do anything, be it report it to proper authorities or actually prosecute the people posting these crimes, will not. Why, because the people who are in a position of power to find out so much stuff on a social media site and actually prosecute criminals will be viewed as racist, bigots, discriminating against lower class people. You know it, I know it, the Americans with a shred of dignity left and know what the American flag really stands for knows it. Just saying. Also, talking about unethical and what not being posted on there. I said something offensive and got jailed for 30 days. I seen a video of two people of Hispanic decent throw someone in a shallow grave and split his noddle with a shot gun on facebook. This video had like 1.5 million views. Just saying. Why did I a straight, white, working class male get jailed for 30 days on facebook. The punks who made the video and posted it got away with over 1 and a half million views.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    IMO, programs like Facebook and Instagram are the new public square, so freedom of speech should be in place. Again IMO, if crimes are posted, if terrorists post, the government should have every right to use those posts to prosecute, just as they would if criminals/terrorists posted their activities in a public place, which is what these programs are. But nobody should be censoring anything. Google and Amazon which are tracking everything, including your emails and other activities non-Google/Amazon, should be treated under the same laws that restrict the activities of intelligence and law enforcement agencies. The government owns the internet pipeline, and should shut down any programs which violate our basic Constitutionally guaranteed rights. The way things are working now, the corporations collect information the government is legally restricted from collecting, the government gets a FISA warrant for that information and collects the information that they are prohibited by law from collecting. A legal back door, if you would. However, I think, the effort was/has been collaborative between the two as they both conducted activities that would be considered illegal, or unethical, if known. Those secret uncontrolled Deep State organizations obviously exist, and are working with the explicit cooperation of all of these corporations. At one time I did not believe this conspiracy theory, but several years at the Pentagon and understanding how these bureaucratic organizations work, I am past the point where I believe it is possible, to where I am now certain they do exist.

If I were King for a day, one of the things I would do would be to standardize the EULA to include a User's Bill of Rights, and legal restrictions that corporations must adhere to.
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1740 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I just find it amazing that we let a corporation track our personal data, sell it, and then censor our speech, when we would never let the government do that. Actually, it is against the law for the government to do that, so why isn't it illegal for corporations to do that?

Now if it is OK for corporations to track our individual personal data and sell, why not let the government do it? I mean, if we eliminated federal and state income taxes by doing this wouldn't it be worth it? At least this way we would get something back in return for our personal data. And if it is not OK for the government to do this, why the heck would we let evil corporations, where the People have no say in what is done, do this?

It seems to me we should treat government and corporations alike. For instance, if a corporation spent the workers' pension funds and were paying pensions out of operating funds, they would all go to jail, but we let the federal government do that without penalty. Then, if the government tracked individual personal data of Americans, and/ or sold that data they would go to jail (well, if they get caught), while it is OK for corporations to do the same thing and profit from it. Even "quid pro quo" in this case is equivalent to the Indians getting beads for Manhattan.
    We don't really "let" corporations do this. We actually contract with them to do just that. Facebook is a private company that has a contract with its customers. The customers have agreed to the contract and Facebook is doing exactly what the customer agreed was just fine. If Facebook breaches that contract, sue them for the breach, just like you would anyone else.

It doesn't amaze me how many people seem to want the government out of their lives, yet want the government to control other private people or organizations. No one is forced to agree to Facebook's terms. Being forced to do so would, in and of itself, make the contract unenforceable.
    txgocart111g2 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    46380 times
    Twitter suspended me and won't tell me why. I tried to delete my account and it won't allow me... because I'm suspended.
    I'm in purgatory.
    Last edited by TrucksNCoffee; 05-21-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Misspelled word needed to be changed.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    1602 times
    Facebook jail, huh? Welcome back to the real world. This place is much better than the stalkbook of drama.
    txgocart111g2 likes this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Member #
    Liked
    21292 times
    How many times I gotta tell you folks that FB is of the Devil before you actually believe me? Another thing to consider is the social media sites claim they are not responsible for content posted. This is pretty much SOP for any internet site; TA.net included. This is the legal disclaimer that permits the company free reign to post content that is illegal all the while claiming "wudnt me". I would say that if they have the means to monitor, remove or shadowban users, then they should hold full responsibility of content posted. If we want to see that change happen, wait until they start attacking the Dems or libs as frequently as the conservatives. Once that happens you won't be able to hear anything of importance in the halls of congress due to the cacophony of Liberal screams for change.
    Car_Doc, chefduane and MOONDAWG like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    41569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    How many times I gotta tell you folks that FB is of the Devil before you actually believe me? Another thing to consider is the social media sites claim they are not responsible for content posted. This is pretty much SOP for any internet site; TA.net included. This is the legal disclaimer that permits the company free reign to post content that is illegal all the while claiming "wudnt me". I would say that if they have the means to monitor, remove or shadowban users, then they should hold full responsibility of content posted. If we want to see that change happen, wait until they start attacking the Dems or libs as frequently as the conservatives. Once that happens you won't be able to hear anything of importance in the halls of congress due to the cacophony of Liberal screams for change.
    Calm down Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    3859 times
    Shame on you! Now you just need to change your ways

Member #
    Liked
    474 times
    I dont Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or any of the other ones. This site is the only one I post on, and that is pretty rare.
    Other than ordering stuff from Amazon , checking the weather, and seeing what you fine folks have to say...it would not break my heart if all this internet crap crashed and we all had to go back to living in a world of face to face interaction.
    Just my .02
    chefduane likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links