A interesting day today... started off with the alarm system going off in the morning
Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By HappyTom
  • 1 Post By TrucksNCoffee
  • 2 Post By HappyTom
  • 1 Post By DeltaBravoKS
  • 3 Post By HappyTom
  • 1 Post By TrucksNCoffee

Thread: A interesting day today... started off with the alarm system going off in the morning

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times

A interesting day today... started off with the alarm system going off in the morning

I just got up, and was getting ready to shoot my new happy GSG Firefly (see my Range Report in the Other Handguns part of the forum AWESOME!!!)... ...when all of a sudden.. I started to hear the alarm about to sound off. So I grabbed my new GSG Firefly as that was closest to me at the time and ready and started to work my way into the hallway, when I saw my daughter scared.. she open the back door as her friend wanted to talk with her and of course.. not thinking.. trigger the alarm. Ops Center for the alarm company was pretty quick in contact me OTA.. so that was an interesting test this morning.

Then my cat got sick on the carpet from the stress of the alarm, which my Wife was not to happy about.

So I was able to get to the range a bit later than I intended. But that proved to be success as my range report shows. And now after cleaning my new happy gun, and securing the gun. I am drinking some beer and staying inside as it's 90+ outside.. a hot one.

I'm also praying today to all of the folks in the middle of the U.S.A. in regards to the tornadoes that y'all are getting. May all of you and your families be safe, in Jesus name. Amen!
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Member #
    Liked
    19255 times
    Let's see - your alarm works, your daughter was scared and not happy, the cat is definitely not happy, your wife is not happy, you're happy over your shooting, your gun is happy, it's over 90 degrees outside but you have beer inside.

I'm going to defer to our residential mathematicians to create an algorithm and judge what kind of day you're having. My head hurts.

PS: I second the prayers for people in the danger zones.
    HappyTom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Let's see - your alarm works, your daughter was scared and not happy, the cat is definitely not happy, your wife is not happy, you're happy over your shooting, your gun is happy, it's over 90 degrees outside but you have beer inside.

I'm going to defer to our residential mathematicians to create an algorithm and judge what kind of day you're having. My head hurts.

PS: I second the prayers for people in the danger zones.
    I'm in an upright position.. that the main thing. And everyone now is happy.. even the cat.
    darbo and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    RYRYRYRY

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTom View Post
    I'm in an upright position.. that the main thing. And everyone now is happy.. even the cat.
    Male cat? (Another HappyTom?)
    HappyTom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Male cat? (Another HappyTom?)
    Actually... Female... and a Cat-Dog... Half Cat and Half Dog = Cat-Dog.
    Looks like a cat, three times the size and growls and attacks like a dog. My Wife and Daughter picked her up from one of those private "rescue shelters", and possibly she was dropped off there after some sort of "off the radar" science experiment gone wrong... some sort of "mutation".

But really... she growls like a "dog", and if she hears and sees another animal outside, like for example, sometimes the neighbor pitbull will get off it's leash and comes up to our porch, she'll run right at the glass slider door and try to get at it to attack... growling like a dog. She's got wicked awesome hearing, which is helpful as even before the front door bell rings, she running to the front door to intercept.

One time a repairman came over to do some work on our sink, and when the guy came in, the cat-dog started to circle around my wife growling at the guy! LOL! I came down stairs and was like "what...". I need to video her when she growls like that.. it's not like a cat at all.
    Last edited by HappyTom; 05-19-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    RYRYRYRY

Member #
    Liked
    1422 times
    That bit about the cat . . . you wouldn't be s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g it some would you?

I'm going right now to read that range-report about the firefly.

And . - - -

I won't even ASK about the beer.

I'll quit before it gets too deep.

Flash
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    That bit about the cat . . . you wouldn't be s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g it some would you?

I'm going right now to read that range-report about the firefly.

And . - - -

I won't even ASK about the beer.

I'll quit before it gets too deep.

Flash
    About the mutation.. yes.. but really.. about the growling and protective nature.. no. And there is nothing wrong with tipping back a few beers as long as the guns are secured l locked up.
    RYRYRYRY

Member #
    Liked
    19255 times
    My dad and step-mother had a feline who was half domestic house cat, half bobcat. (It's more common than people realize.) It looked like a cat, didn't have the bobcat features, but it was big. And Lord help the person who tried to pet it or pick it up, other than my folks! Perhaps yours is similarly bred, Tom.
    HappyTom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    My dad and step-mother had a feline who was half domestic house cat, half bobcat. (It's more common than people realize.) It looked like a cat, didn't have the bobcat features, but it was big. And Lord help the person who tried to pet it or pick it up, other than my folks! Perhaps yours is similarly bred, Tom.
    It's possible.. she' s a nice friendly cat.. but "sometimes" she snaps... some sort of primal trigger, and chomps down on an arm or foot.
    Who know what lurks in all of the dark hills of South Carolina.
    RYRYRYRY

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links