Looking for a trailer to haul a car back side of a motorhome..BUT!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Looking for a trailer to haul a car back side of a motorhome..BUT!

Member #
    Liked
    19188 times

Looking for a trailer to haul a car back side of a motorhome..BUT!

Maybe I am other thinking this, or maybe not. Point is that I don't want to damage the back of the motorhome in a sharp turn by making contact with the front outside corner of the trailer. Which of these two trailers do you think would be the better choice.

One has a more set back floor deck and angled tongue. The other is more of your standard squared deck with front rub rail stop. Both have a 2 foot dove tail in the rear. The more expensive trailer has 4 foot ramps where as the less expensive has 5 foot ramps. The shorter the ramp the greater strength, but the steeper incline in pulling onto the trailer. Both have two 3500 axles with brakes on one axle.

The simple styled trailer is $2000
    The set back tongue with storage is $2600

The two links below go to the Facebook Market Place Classified section:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4053276093942/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner

Thanks in advance,
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    35847 times
    Don't do facebook, but in general, the problem isn't turning while going forward, but jackknifing when backing up.
    You can just do the trigonometry from the measurements. The angle of the turn you can make is arctan(2*tongue-length/width)
    jonrjen likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    7522 times
    I would probably go with the $2575.00 trailer . It looks more heavy duty built with the framing for sure . What vehicle are you going to be towing and how long you planning o be away ?? Just wondering if you have considered renting a vehicle ??

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19188 times
    I'm not a big fan of renting cars. Honestly, I don't trust car rental companies.
    TheOldRedneck likes this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    22174 times
    Most I see are flat ("4 wheel down") towing, or using a dolly. But to your question, I think that the turning radius of the motorhome is so large that it would be impossible to have that happen. You could always buy it and go find a big parking lot to see if it's a problem. If it is you could just extend the hitch for less than the difference in price.

The trailer is going to be a hassle in most RV parks. The sites aren't usually long enough, depending on how big the motorhome is of course. I feel sorry for the guys I see muscling around the two wheel dollies, let alone a full trailer.
    Last edited by glenwolde; 05-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    RonPT24/7 and jonrjen like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    4079 times
    The Traxx looks to be a better built rig. I-beams not channels, Tail lights not as likely to be damaged. Storage for tie downs etc....
    jonrjen likes this.
    A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

Member #
    Liked
    5036 times
    The TRAXX looks good except for where the trailer jack is. It looks like it could interfere with the vehicle on the trailer.
    If it was me I'd get a jeep or something I could put manual locking hubs on all 4 corners like I did on my last CJ-7 and then just flat tow it.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19188 times
    Plans are to eventually sell or trade my F350 once my 5th wheel sells. Then I will purchase either a F150 of F250 crew cab 4X4 to tow behind the motorhome 4 down.

I do have my eyes on a Jeep TJ, but it's pretty well more off road toy equipped. Not sure my short legged wife could climb up into it.

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I'm not a big fan of renting cars. Honestly, I don't trust car rental companies.
    I'm curious; why don't you trust them?

With business travel (mostly) and personal travel (much less, but enough to have a good data sample) I've got countless miles in rental cars. Hundreds of rentals. Never had a problem, besides the fact that the Chevy HHR has the visibility of an airplane bathroom, and the modern Toyota Corolla is so dumbed down I could feel brain cells dying every time I put it in gear.
    jonrjen likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    7522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Plans are to eventually sell or trade my F350 once my 5th wheel sells. Then I will purchase either a F150 of F250 crew cab 4X4 to tow behind the motorhome 4 down.

I do have my eyes on a Jeep TJ, but it's pretty well more off road toy equipped. Not sure my short legged wife could climb up into it.
    If she can climb into a F150 or F250 I couldn’t see where there would be a problem with any jeep . Not much different . But personally i would never pull a F250 with any RV no matter how big it is . A motorhome and a full size vehicle is not the same as a tractor-trailer where pulling a 50-65 foot trailer with a short cab . I’ve seen lots of RVs’ pulling small cars/trucks or jeeps but never a full size PU . You really need to reconsider your vehicle choice . Even the small GMC or Chevy PU would be a better choice . Even the new Ford Explorer would be better .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links