Looking for a trailer to haul a car back side of a motorhome..BUT! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Looking for a trailer to haul a car back side of a motorhome..BUT!

Member #
    Liked
    21780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post

Since I drive a F350 Crew cab dually 4x4 as my everyday run about vehicle in my mind a F250 crew cab short bed is a smaller vehicle.
    ^^^ only in Texas would an F250 crew cab short bed be considered a "compact".....
    jonrjen and RonPT24/7 like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    20K tow capacity, I am going to assume you have a Super C? Now I'm almost embarrassed to say I have a 10K tow capacity.
    You assume correctly!

My tow vehicle weighs a little over 4K lbs so you never notice it. If fact it's always a surprise when you stop and look and the thing is still back there.

Why are you getting rid of your 5th wheel? I loved ours when we had it. I also towed it with a F350 crew cab dually long bed.
    Last edited by ETF; 05-15-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    You assume correctly!

My tow vehicle weighs a little over 4K lbs so you never notice it. If fact it's always a surprise when you stop and look and the thing is still back there.

Why are you getting rid of your 5th wheel? I loved ours when we had it. I also towed it with a F350 crew cab dually long bed.
    We have owned a couple of pop up campers, a travel trailer, a smaller Dutchman 5th wheel and then got into a Class A Bounder gas 40' motorhome. The Bounder was a blast, it took us from Texas to Colorado to Disney World and a lot of stops in between. On one of the trips to the dealer to have a few items taken care of we made the mistake of walking into an American Eagle 40' diesel pusher. Traded in the Bounder and away we went. Then on a trip back to the dealership to have the oil changed made the mistake again of walking into a different American Eagle floorplan and décor, and then it followed us home.

As the kids got older we needed more room so we ordered a Travel Supreme 40' 5th wheel with triple slides. I later purchased a Kenworth T300 Toterhome to pull the Travel Supreme. What a sweet combination that make. Put a lot of miles on it also until we reached the point where school band started to take over the twins time.

Next came the Jayco class C that we purchased so that we could take our grand daughter to Disney World in. It make for a nice smaller 32' home on wheels and served it's purpose well.

Then we the market crashed I was looking on Ebay and found the National Pacifica 40' pusher for about 1/2 off. National RV and closed it's doors do to the market crash as had many other manufactures. Even though the coach was new, it came with no warranty and quickly earned the title "Motorhome from Hell". Even with that we kept it for a few years before finding our Wildcat 353LS 5th wheel. We fell in love with the bath and a half floorplan and drove from Texas to Indiana to look at it and ended up buying it over the phone o the way home.

As the grandkids grew here as of late we decided we would look for a new 5th wheel. The wife always loved traveling more in the motorhomes but I was bound and determined that there would be no more motorhomes in my future....note to self, never say never.
    Looked at a new class A pusher back around Black Friday last year, the wife loved it. Me, I was still hesitate. Then while looking at 5th wheels on line at a dealership I came across this Berkshire. It is a new 2018 XL 40B that was marked down 52% from $321,900 to $149,999 so we drove up to take a look at it and ended up buying it.

The loving wife really like it when you reach the campground the coach is already cooled down, having a restroom but a few steps away from the passenger seat while traveling, and being able to get up and fix a bite to eat for me while on the road. I enjoy driving the pusher, the one button leveling, and who doesn't love an air horn...LOL!!!
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7377 times
    Wow , you been through alot of MH and trailers !! ^^^^^^^^^

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2140 times
    I was once told that you need to buy your third RV first and save yourself a lot of trouble. That applies to me but obviously doesn't apply to you.

I'm sorry that I ever tried to give you advice on RVs. You have 'way more experience than I have.

By the way, I agree with you on auto leveling and the air horn. That thing is soooo cool. I think that it's called "presence". Two tugs and the whole world knows that you are there.
    Last edited by ETF; 05-17-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    I was once told that you need to buy your third RV first and save yourself a lot of trouble. That applies to me but obviously doesn't apply to you.

I'm sorry that I ever tried to give you advice on RVs. You have 'way more experience than I have.

By the way, I agree with you on auto leveling and the air horn. That thing is soooo cool. I think that it's called "presence". Two tugs and the whole world knows that you are there.
    It is said that we learn from our mistakes. It is also said that you are never too old to learn. I have learned that it's a lot less expensive to ask others for their advice and life's lessons.

I will say that back in the beginning of getting into RVing, it seemed much easier to enjoy and relax back when I knew nothing about practical applications of weight/measures, horror stories, and Murphy's Law. But even with that knowledge, I'm still not ready to give up the RV travel life.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    7377 times
    I guarantee you had i been able to afford it i would do the same exact thing and more ^^^^^^^^^. !! Plus there would be a few Harleys’ in my garage !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links