U.S. troops disarmed by Mexican army in Texas - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: U.S. troops disarmed by Mexican army in Texas

Member #
    Liked
    7339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    I searched 'US troops disarmed by Mexican troops in Texas' on Duck Duck Go and got a whole slew of hits to different sites covering the incident.

Some weren't what I call reputable. Some were definitely slanted Right. On the other hand, some were also center but Left leaning, too.

Since it looks legit- and I know the Mexican military and police have a record for not respecting the border, so it's believable.

Personally, I figure that seems to be a great way to end up with a bunch of shot up soldiers and LEO's.

How does Newsweek covering the story do for you?

https://www.newsweek.com/mexican-soldiers-question-disarm-two-us-army-troops-apparent-confusion-about-1401939
    Well it must be true , also just saw an article where Trump warned Mexican gov that it better not happen again !

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Surprised in a vehicle? Outnumbered 6 to 1? Armed with an M9 (singular) versus a half a dozen rifles?

There's bravery, there's cowardice and then there's stupidity.

If the Sgt HAD fired, he'd deserve a courts martial, to be stripped of all rank and being drummed out of the service.

On the other hand, the court martials need to start MUCH higher. Like the half wit that decided that it was OK to send only 2 people out and to only have one of them armed- with a pistol.
    As of this evening, it appears Lou Dobbs is in full agreement with you.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    7128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kerk View Post
    As of this evening, it appears Lou Dobbs is in full agreement with you.
    Heads should roll and careers should end.

After all, the desalination plant on Diego Garcia needs to be supervised and the snowballs at that NORAD station in Point Barrow need an updated inventory. There's also always the need for laison officers in Thule, Greenland.
    Last edited by jtg452; 04-24-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    230JHP likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    674 times
    Surprised in a vehicle? Outnumbered 6 to 1? Armed with an M9 (singular) versus a half a dozen rifles?

There's bravery, there's cowardice and then there's stupidity.

If the Sgt HAD fired, he'd deserve a courts martial, to be stripped of all rank and being drummed out of the service.

On the other hand, the court martials need to start MUCH higher. Like the half wit that decided that it was OK to send only 2 people out and to only have one of them armed- with a pistol.
    The point is that they surrendered and gave their weapon over to an invading force, their first obligation is to defend their Country, they didn't have to engage them in a fire fight but inform them that they had crossed over an international boundary and were now in America.
    Order them to turn back and there would be no further consequence, instead they behaved like cowards and surrendered, they deserve Court Marshall and punishment.
    I wish they had the option to call in an air strike and send a strong message to Mexico that We are not to be invaded.
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    -Patches O'Houlihan

Member #
    Liked
    7128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    The point is that they surrendered and gave their weapon over to an invading force, their first obligation is to defend their Country, they didn't have to engage them in a fire fight but inform them that they had crossed over an international boundary and were now in America.
    Order them to turn back and there would be no further consequence, instead they behaved like cowards and surrendered, they deserve Court Marshall and punishment.
    I wish they had the option to call in an air strike and send a strong message to Mexico that We are not to be invaded.
    Might doesn' t make right but the guy with the most firepower usually wins those kinds of arguments. Barring the interference of others, the guy with the most guns can pretty much do what he wants. Bowing up at him is just going to exaserbate the situation and could lead to one of them dreaded 'international incidents' where folks end up dead. Sometimes, it's just better to smile, nod and wait for the situation to swing back into your favor.

Expecting someone with a handgun to engage 6 trained soldiers armed with automatic rifles is well into the realm of bad Hollywood action movies. Doug Konig couldn't have accounted for all of them before they filled him full of holes. The Sgt MIGHT have gotten 2- 3 if he was really quick AND accurate- while the other 3 or 4 did a mag dump into him and the Pvt under his command.

Unfortunately, our side didn't have more than a Bad 9 to call upon whilst the others had half a dozen of their HK G36 knockoffs. Even taking their spotty quality into considreation, all their rifles had to do is work one time each and out boys are shot to ragdolls.

As for charges of cowardice, quote chapter and verse from the UCMJ where it says you gotta go out in a blaze of glory- and get your unarmed brother killed in the process- no matter the odds.

There's a time and a place for putting your back to the wall and making them earn it in blood. This aIn't one of them.
    Last edited by jtg452; 04-24-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    230JHP likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    32254 times
    If there was a fence and a five mile deep minefield on both sides of it, we prob'ly wouldn't need border patrols.
    rollin thunder likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Heads should roll and careers should end.

After all, the desalination plant on Diego Garcia needs to be supervised and the snowballs at that NORAD station in Point Barrow need an updated inventory. There's also always the need for laison officers in Thule, Greenland.
    Cute, but 'pertinence' ...... not so sure.
    I can legally defend myself against bad guys, but there is no legal defense against bad guys with badges.
    I do not kill animals, nor do I pay other people to kill them for me.

Member #
    Liked
    6097 times
    Article II of the Code of Conduct:

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

Key point -- ". . . while they still have the means to resist." Two guys, one handgun vs 6 with rifles. That's not 'the means to resist'. Ask Custer how his decision worked out.

Central to the issue is that we are NOT in a shooting war with Mexico. If we were, the situation would be different. But since we're not, the NCO's decision after being caught was sound.

My curiosity is piqued by the sequence -- they established an observation post, saw the vehicle, and it moved so fast it surprised them? Really?
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    45686 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    If there was a fence and a five mile deep minefield on both sides of it, we prob'ly wouldn't need border patrols.
    That or put John Wick down there. He'll cover the entire border with two or three handguns and pick up long guns along the way.
    230JHP and kschilk like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    4308 times
    The silence of the media is deafening. What is tantamount to an invasion by a foreign country is largely unreported and without reaction by our government. Back in 1916 when Pancho Villa invaded New Mexico, Woodrow Wilson sent Gen. Pershing and the Army. The story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916)

The reaction this time? President Trump says “"Mexico’s Soldiers recently pulled guns on our National Guard Soldiers, probably as a diversionary tactic for drug smugglers on the Border,” Trump tweeted Wednesday. “Better not happen again!"

Better not happen again? Wow, I'll bet they're scared.

And it's irrelevant how it's characterized. A misunderstanding, happens all the time they wander across the border, whatever. The fact is, this time Mexican nationals crossed into U.S. territory and took custody of U.S. military personnel. Anyone who calls this anything but what it is, an act of war, needs to take a history refresher. News media so wrapped up in reporting sensationalized stories like Jussie Smollett, celebrities cheating to get their kids into prestigious schools, mentally disturbed people with guns, pedophile priests or whatever other stories appeals to prurient interests and gets ratings and increases revenue, should be taken to task for ignoring this story. And the most disturbing aspect is the American people who have become so complacent that they exhibit absolutely no outrage. If you are looking for a sign that the end of the Republic is near, you need look no further.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links