Less Than Lethal Weapons, Do You Carry?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Less Than Lethal Weapons, Do You Carry?

Member #
    Liked
    48042 times

Less Than Lethal Weapons, Do You Carry?

Black Jack, Billy Club, ASP, Pepper Spray, Wasp Spray, Bear Spray, Mace, Bottle, Bricks. Rocks ?

I was thinking as road rage and violence in general to our fellow humans, seem to be on the rise. I was wondering, do you carry something in your car, house or on your person that's less than lethal? For conversation, let's leave out blades of any type for now.

I witness road rage at least three times a week. Most of it goes away after the aggressive one vents and proves he is the alpha dog.

A few years ago, there was one such incident were the guy got out of his car and attempted to assault the person who cut him off or whatever. Actually, I think he went out of turn at a four way stop. Anyways, the aggressor reached into the guys car and got shot and killed. Mr. line jumper got away uncharged.

Do we have to go that far or can we use wasp spray and a Bic Lighter to discourage them? Seriously, wasp spray is a good deterrent and shoots out to about 35 ft.

Anywhoo, I was thinking about keeping something like mace in my console.

What say you?
    We the People...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7578 times
    ...380ACP is about the least lethal defensive item that I carry...
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    2180 times
    There is no such thing. Weapons can be "less lethal," not "less than lethal." Just about anything used as a weapon can kill you. If you have to resort to force, be prepared to kill someone.

I often carry a beaver tail sap, an automatic knife or brass knuckles to supplement my handgun choice.
    Peacemakr40 and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    461 times
    To supplement my EDC 9mm, I always also carry a little Keltec P3AT in .380 ACP.

On a semi-related note, I have recognized, after over ten years of concealed carrying, that I am a MUCH more conservative, tolerant and stress-free driver. With age may well not come wisdom, but you sure get perspective.
    Several firearms in 10 different calibers. Lee Classic 4-hole turret and Lee breech-lock single stage.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Member #
    Liked
    19135 times
    Do keep in mind that use of a less lethal weapon still carries with it the possibility of civil and criminal charges if used. If you were to spray wasp spray in to the eyes of an aggressor in a road rage incident. And after being blinded by the wasp spray the aggressor stumbled into on coming traffic and got hit by a vehicle. Who would be at fault?

I know it has been preached that you do not brandish your firearm unless you fully intend to use it. But truth be told it is also a strong deterrent in and of itself if you have found the need to do so. At that point you need to choose how you are going to stop the aggressor. Lethal or Non-Lethal. Center Mass or ?

I guess you could check with the Ft. Worth Police Dept. They have a new tool in the tool box of non lethal weapons. It fires out a small weighted rope that wraps around the Bad Guy and then affixes to his clothes with what looks to be fish hooks.

Maybe a cell phone and 911 is the best form of non lethal weapon out there?

Or could it be a Hi-Point pistol used as a weighted club?

No, I'll stick with the cell phone and 911, up until the point that I can't wait any longer for assistance.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    If I am ever involved in a road rage situation I will not be looking for my can of wasp spray.
    CWB, Desperado and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    33094 times
    Brake cleaner is as good as wasp or pepper spray or if you wanna' really get nasty......Permatex aerosol gasket remover will also burn skin like hot tar. Some penetrating oils, like the Kroils and especially Free-All, will burn like mad if you get it in your eyes. Bein' a mech, I've always got an assortment of clubbing and usually some chemical options at my home, shop and in all my vehicles......though it's hard to beat a good ol' fashioned Tire Billy. They're cheap, easy to find and fit nicely under or between most car seats. Another possible weapon that most may not consider, is a set of jumper cables. I've thoughtlessly just yanked a set down from a hook, shelf or truck bed before and ended up smackin' myself upside the head with the clamps......might as well have been a hammer! With a good swing behind 'em, they could definitely do some damage.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    5365 times
    Knife. Last ditch effort.

Smart thing is to stay in the car with the doors locked and call the law.

All the Best,
    D. White
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Brake cleaner is as good as wasp or pepper spray or if you wanna' really get nasty......Permatex aerosol gasket remover will also burn skin like hot tar. Some penetrating oils, like the Kroils and especially Free-All, will burn like mad if you get it in your eyes. Bein' a mech, I've always got an assortment of clubbing and usually some chemical options at my home, shop and in all my vehicles......though it's hard to beat a good ol' fashioned Tire Billy. They're cheap, easy to find and fit nicely under or between most car seats. Another possible weapon that most may not consider, is a set of jumper cables. I've thoughtlessly just yanked a set down from a hook, shelf or truck bed before and ended up smackin' myself upside the head with the clamps......might as well have been a hammer! With a good swing behind 'em, they could definitely do some damage.
    I think "self abuse with jumper cables" is a different web site.

Not that I know, of course, just guessin!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Keys.

Of course, I've always been able to outrun many, but not so much any more.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links