Less Than Lethal Weapons, Do You Carry? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Less Than Lethal Weapons, Do You Carry?

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    I can see that I brought this up in the wrong forum. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Mods might as well close this one, I think we can see where this is going

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm not upset at all. I can certainly understand wanting non lethal options for those times when self defense may be needed but it doesn't rise to the level of using deadly force and risk being charged with a homicide. My concern with this particular device is it's gun like appearance might present a problem if you have to use it and the cops are called. Also if you are carrying this in addition to a gun (for those situations that require a gun) getting the two mixed up in the stress of the moment for some people, as a reserve cop did with a tazer a couple of years ago. It's harder to mix up a device that isn't shaped like a firearm.
    Kevin Keith and Nimbly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    LOVE these personal stories on TA.

Given that the puppy licked your gun barrel, maybe this should be cross posted in the thread about what type of lubricant you use on your firearms!!!
    lol he acted like a puppy after he got sprayed. You couldn't pet him though because he had liquid dripping off of his fur on his face. That puppy probably weighed 250 lbs. Since it was a stainless S&W it was just a very light coating of rem oil if I recall correctly. He seemed to like it better than the meat toppings but he could've been brain damaged.

Member #
    Liked
    285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr110 View Post
    To the best of my ability I will shoot to kill that person(s) with real “lethal self protection” and not a pop gun.
    You showed some real restraint there...I'd have called them something else! Well, probably not on the forum. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    IAlso if you are carrying this in addition to a gun (for those situations that require a gun) getting the two mixed up in the stress of the moment for some people, as a reserve cop did with a tazer a couple of years ago. It's harder to mix up a device that isn't shaped like a firearm.
    Harder but still a danger. I had the same thought decades ago when the Texas DPS started carrying ASP batons. Policy was to carry it directly behind your pistol. I moved mine to my off hand side. I had no desire to go for a handful of gun only to wind up with a handful of stick.
    dlr110 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    I can see that I brought this up in the wrong forum. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Mods might as well close this one, I think we can see where this is going

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Don't be sorry Sir, this was a good topic for debate. It's just that like a lot of other subjects people have strong opinions and that's a good thing.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    i called it a mokey ball and they took it down.....it's a "monkey fist"....hard as rock. if i swing that move away

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    If someone is going to attack me at home, in a parking lot or just walking down the street there is no such thing as “less than lethal self protection.” If someone bursts into my church, my office, a store or any gathering of people and that person is shooting and/or shouting demands, there is no such thing as “less than lethal self protection.” If this individual has a gun, a knife, or a baseball bat he/she has brought “lethal force” and I’m not going to respond with something that only looks like a gun. To the best of my ability I will shoot to kill that person(s) with real “lethal self protection” and not a pop gun.
    I really hope you're not serious! A woman mistakes you for her husbands gay lover and is slapping the crap out of you and you'll pop her in the head in front of god and everybody? Someone in a parking lot shouts demands at you to move your POS car out of his way and you'll pull your pistol? Some loon off their meds comes into your church demanding that everyone pray to him the true lord of the earth, and you'll start shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I'm not upset at all. I can certainly understand wanting non lethal options for those times when self defense may be needed but it doesn't rise to the level of using deadly force and risk being charged with a homicide. My concern with this particular device is it's gun like appearance might present a problem if you have to use it and the cops are called. Also if you are carrying this in addition to a gun (for those situations that require a gun) getting the two mixed up in the stress of the moment for some people, as a reserve cop did with a tazer a couple of years ago. It's harder to mix up a device that isn't shaped like a firearm.
    Very good points. I think having OC is just smart. A 350 dollar pepperball gun, I don't get.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    No Sir, my statement said that if someone is going to "attack me." If someone bursts into my church or a store that I'm in waving guns around and shouting demands there is only one conclussion and I will to the best of my ability meet lethal force with lethal force, not an object that looks like a gun. If someone is running out of my house with my TV, I can buy a new TV. If someone is stealing my car, I can buy a new car. To me lethal force is only warranted when you are faced with lethal force (reguardless of what that force may be) that threatens bodily harm to me, my loved ones or you. I'm sorry if you missunderstood my wording.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Member #
    Liked
    1132 times
    The thing about less lethal is your more likely to get sued and lose everything..
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Not trying to be critical of a person's choice of non-lethal weapons but the person carrying LTL that looks like a firearm should be aware of the high risk involved.

I was present at the following incident, at night, in a large crowd, as a uniform LEO responding to a call.
    Another real life story about deputies confronting a person with a "firearm". My advice; do NOT carry a weapon that looks like a firearm but is not. It will cause you a lot of issues and possible cost your life. Deputies, friends of mine, arrested a young woman for carrying a firearm and pointing it at people in a crowd. Turns out, she was a teenager, (looked 20) the gun was fake, but occurred at night in a crowd with tempers running high. She was lucky she was not shot and killed. I was assigned to deal with the mother and family of the teen girl immediately after the incident occurred. She did go to court. If you can NOT see the difference at a quick glance, either day time or dark, then neither can a LEO or any other armed person. Just don't do it.
    Nimbly likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    No Sir, my statement said that if someone is going to "attack me." If someone bursts into my church or a store that I'm in waving guns around and shouting demands there is only one conclussion and I will to the best of my ability meet lethal force with lethal force, not an object that looks like a gun. If someone is running out of my house with my TV, I can buy a new TV. If someone is stealing my car, I can buy a new car. To me lethal force is only warranted when you are faced with lethal force (reguardless of what that force may be) that threatens bodily harm to me, my loved ones or you. I'm sorry if you missunderstood my wording.
    You just said if someone attacks you there is no such thing as 'less than lethal'. That is a bad opinion to have. There are defiantly times when someone may attack you and lethal defense isn't the right thing to do. My above story of the crazy woman is a good example of when force might be required, but deadly force is not really justified. So is the issue of aggressive animals. As I said, I have been attacked by dogs several times. You can take the fight right out of an aggressive animal without having to shoot someone's kid's pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian845 View Post
    The thing about less lethal is your more likely to get sued and lose everything..
    I don't know about "more likely". Really if you put any thought into self-defense you should get insurance. USCCA is highly recommended. If you wanna sign up let me know. If I recommend you we both get a gift.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links