PA drivers...things are gonna' change...... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: PA drivers...things are gonna' change......

Member #
    Liked
    33347 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    If you're in PA, and PA requires those inspections, and those inspections help keep those idiots off the road, why weren't those idiots "caught" by the required inspections?

Were you driving home from outside of PA and that's where the idiots were?
    This is the problem with only being an annual inspection cycle. You may have 1/8" of brake lining at inspection time, which is more than the minimum to pass but that's not gonna' last long, maybe a month or two but certainly not a year. As long as the radio goes loud enough to drown out the squealin' and grindin', they'll keep right on goin'.
    CaptainMorgan and Harry like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    9394 times
    Texas - I just renewed my registration for my F150. The inspection consisted of giving them my proof of insurance (no insurance, no inspection, no new windshield sticker) and current mileage. He ran his fingers under the wiper blades and that was it - no look under hood, no horn toot, no drive around the facility to check braking and steering or turning on headlights to test - as done in the past.

They use to replace plates every 7 years - no more. Plates will be changed when a new design is released and will take years to complete for all.

As part of your vehicle registration you are issued a set of general-issue license plates. The plate number is assigned to you by TxDMV and cannot be personalized.

As of November 1, 2016, the State of Texas will no longer automatically replace your plates after 7 years. However, you may still apply at your county tax office for replacement plates if the license plate needs to be replaced for cosmetic or readability reasons.
    When a new general-issue license plate design is released, it takes several years before all registered vehicle owners receive the plates.

After proof of insurance, it's basically a done deal. I drove straight home. Filed on line. The system had already received my electronic inspection certificate from station. App was approved and should have my May 2020 sticker in a couple of weeks. Total cost $84.50 + $7 for inspection station.
    kschilk likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    33347 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    Texas - I just renewed my registration for my F150. The inspection consisted of giving them my proof of insurance (no insurance, no inspection, no new windshield sticker) and current mileage. He ran his fingers under the wiper blades and that was it - no look under hood, no horn toot, no drive around the facility to check braking and steering or turning on headlights to test - as done in the past.

They use to replace plates every 7 years - no more. Plates will be changed when a new design is released and will take years to complete for all.

When a new general-issue license plate design is released, it takes several years before all registered vehicle owners receive the plates.

After proof of insurance, it's basically a done deal. I drove straight home. Filed on line. The system had already received my electronic inspection certificate from station. App was approved and should have my May 2020 sticker in a couple of weeks. Total cost $84.50 + $7 for inspection station.
    One thing PA and especially PennDOT absolutely cannot deal with, is electronic technology......it's all waaay over their heads. Heck......they can't even operate telephones in Harrisburg and if you don't believe me, just try callin' 'em sometime. A few years ago, they began requiring an email address on the order form for inspection stickers. The idea was to provide stations with an email shipping notification and tracking number when their stickers were shipped. In the dozens of orders I've made during that time, I've received one notification. About a year ago, they gave us the option of ordering stickers online after registering with the state as a "business partner". It took several rounds of registering at other levels before making it to the realm of business partners but I finally succeeded and sent the application. I received an email response saying my application was under review and if accepted, I'd receive a notification including the necessary access codes to get into my account. Two days later, I received an email stating "Congratulations! You've been accepted as a PA business partner and can now take advantage of our new online sticker ordering program".......an' that was it, no access codes or anything. Of course, calling them was an exercise in futility as they couldn't possibly answer their phone......they were all too busy runnin' around, tryin' to figure out where that annoying ringin' noise was comin' from. If PA goes to something like that, with stuff being sent in electronically......it'll be like a registration Armageddon!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links