Young Americans Are More Miserable - Maybe Because They All Got Trophies Early On?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Young Americans Are More Miserable - Maybe Because They All Got Trophies Early On?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36310 times

Young Americans Are More Miserable - Maybe Because They All Got Trophies Early On?

The last part of the thread title is my speculation. The lack of socialization is probably key...they have many "friends" but few real ones.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/why-ar...NZqwpHOKJKMyhs
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    30170 times
    You may be right. What the "participation trophy" crowd doesn't understand is that people need real challenges. They need to be pushed, they need to have the possibility of real failure to motivate them. When everybody gets a trophy for showing up, even an idiot will eventually ask "what's the point?"
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Or perhaps it's the fact the Boomers destroyed the American Dream, brought upward mobility to it's lowest point in our countries history, then says it's the millennial's fault. Just a thought...
    ICUKev likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
    Or perhaps it's the fact the Boomers destroyed the American Dream, brought upward mobility to it's lowest point in our countries history, then says it's the millennial's fault. Just a thought...

These charts might disagree with your belief.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...ar-perspective
    twolfe55 likes this.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    32238 times
    They have no pride, no self-esteem and likely worst of all, no drive to do or be anything. For most, were they to die at 50 years old, you could write their obituary on the face of a pencil eraser. Saddest part is......they're all totally cool with that.
    twolfe55 likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    45654 times
    I bet they count the Farcebook "Friends"

In my 62 years on this planet, I have one friend who will help me bury the bodies and never say a word. We live 800 miles away from one another and each of us would be on the next plane out, if the call was made.
    darbo, twolfe55 and Czechbikr like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    19832 times
    They planted the crops of their choice.
    Now they discovered they don't like how they taste.
    Tough.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    5511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
    Wow lol. I suppose that qualifies as a thought.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    1551 times
    Hey, I got my trophy wife early. Does that count?
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5216 times
    So, fifty-five percent of high schooler's go to college. What percentage beyond that applied and didn't get in? With the idea that EVERYONE has to go to college or STARVE not getting accepted somewhere could lead to depression.

What percentage of that fifty-five percent actually make it to a degree especially a degree in something worthwhile? Having your hand held by educators every step of the way to get you out of high school successfully then going to college and failing because there was on one THERE to hold you hand could lead to depression also.

When I was sixteen I got my first job washing dishes in a nice restaurant. Helped cook sometimes, ran the slicer, mixer, lots of things. Now days you aren't working in restaurants if you're under eighteen. You're not working in a LOT of places if you're under eighteen because federal labor rules and laws say it's too dangerous for anyone under eighteen. Working earlier gets you REAL WORLD job experience before you're just cast out into the world believing what you were taught in high school. Lots of kids in rural areas that used to work summer jobs on farms don't anymore because of federal labor rules and laws. So, these kids sit around on the phone and in front of their computer all day during school breaks as there isn't much to do in small rural communities if you cannot work.

There are some smart, responsible millennials out there but they are a minority. My niece, nephew, and my son are three good ones. All three were raised by people with a STRONG work ethic and were taught that "if you want it it's up to you to go get it". Most of their friends are the same way, like attracts like.

All the Best,
    D. White
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links