Motorcycle License ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Motorcycle License ?

Member #
    Liked
    7423 times
    There was a motorcycle/tractor trailer wreck this morning on the hwy i use to go to work . Still no word if driver is ok or not ?! The cycle is on the driver side of the truck wedged under one og the spouts and it is totally crushed!

https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Au...512776951.html
    Last edited by RonPT24/7; 07-16-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Not sure if you got your license, but I sent my son to the MSF class last year. I did the same in 2007. It's $20 and takes a weekend. For returning riders, they may offer a shorter class.

https://msf-usa.org/

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    The very first thing you should do is take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class. It's fun! And more than just not having to take a skills test at the DMV, you'll know for sure if it is something you really want to do. Motorcycling isn't for everyone, and there are a lot of people who thought they'd love it only to spend a bunch of money to find out they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Gorgeous Honda! Ya' know, you meet the nicest people on a Honda! (Who remembers that?) I had a Mini-Trail 50. Years later I had a buddy that owned a CB750 four.
    Great bike.

Followup: Yep, my Texas DL has the CM endorsement. That is all that is needed. And I strongly urge ALL new riders to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's New Riders Course. Stats have proven that those who have passed the MSF course have fewer accidents and are safer riders. Also, check with your insurance carrier as I believe you get a discount on your insurance if you are a MSF graduate. I did.

I'm sure you have to have an endorsement to ride everywhere in the US. I've had motorcycle endorsements in Texas, Colorado and Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Konyo312 View Post
    Not sure if you got your license, but I sent my son to the MSF class last year. I did the same in 2007. It's $20 and takes a weekend. For returning riders, they may offer a shorter class.

https://msf-usa.org/

Do you mean $200 maybe? I have taken an MSF class twice (once with my sister, because she paid). Cheaper one was like $150.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7423 times
    The class now given by Harley Davidson ranges from $225-$249 . Friday night , all day Saturday and Sunday . Includes meals , and they provide the motorcycle and helmet if needed . From what research I’ve done here the DPS no longer does the driver test , they do written test only . But it’s all worth it !

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Do you mean $200 maybe? I have taken an MSF class twice (once with my sister, because she paid). Cheaper one was like $150.
    Nope. It was $20 when I took it in 2007, and $20 when my son took it. The class is at community colleges. It runs Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. Bikes are provided for the beginner class, and nasty helmets too. Maybe the cost varies by state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Konyo312 View Post
    Nope. It was $20 when I took it in 2007, and $20 when my son took it. The class is at community colleges. It runs Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. Bikes are provided for the beginner class, and nasty helmets too. Maybe the cost varies by state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hell of a deal.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    7423 times
    Definitely a heck of a deal ! But at the moment for me there is no rush although i wish i had mine now and a nice Harley to drive . Still can’t decided which one i want . Still thinking about the Heritage or one of the Tour bikes .

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    Definitely a heck of a deal ! But at the moment for me there is no rush although i wish i had mine now and a nice Harley to drive . Still can’t decided which one i want . Still thinking about the Heritage or one of the Tour bikes .
    I was never a Harley guy, but I have been wanting to get another bike. I sold my Triumph when I wife got preggers. Didn't expect to be out of the saddle this long.
    RonPT24/7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    I was never a Harley guy, but I have been wanting to get another bike. I sold my Triumph when I wife got preggers. Didn't expect to be out of the saddle this long.
    I'm not a Harley guy either. I ride a BMW R1200R. My son calls it an old man's bike. Might be some truth there. Any BMW club rally I've been to, I've met 80year old riders.

My old bike is an older Suzuki Marauder. I rode it down to SC a few years ago and stored it. I haven't been able to ride it for the last 2 years. My son was down there for a month and got it running. My BiL has a bike so they road the back roads. Not sure I can still call that bike mine.

Nimbly and RonPT24/7 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links