So it appears no more 1 year NRA membership?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cnj
  • 2 Post By Tankercorps71

Thread: So it appears no more 1 year NRA membership?

Member #
    Liked
    496 times

So it appears no more 1 year NRA membership?

Hmmmm. Did Taurus stop offering the 1 year NRA membership with the purchase of a new Taurus firearm? Went to open the box of my new G2S, and no little NRA flyer in there. Also nothing on the Taurus website. Also couldn't find a product registration page. How will they know when to end a person'd 1 year warranty? I guess I haven't kept up?
    777Driver likes this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    Well, the best thing to do if you want to be an NRA member is to become a life member! They do have a payment plan of $25.00 (or more) a month and once you have paid in full, you get your life membership card. Then one does not have to worry about annual renewals.

Just a taste of the candy!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    Hmmmm. Did Taurus stop offering the 1 year NRA membership with the purchase of a new Taurus firearm? Went to open the box of my new G2S, and no little NRA flyer in there. Also nothing on the Taurus website. Also couldn't find a product registration page. How will they know when to end a person'd 1 year warranty? I guess I haven't kept up?
    I contacted Taurus a couple years ago when I bought my first Taurus (new from Cabelas). I was looking for some registration process, as there had apparently been one online at some point but it was no longer offered. They did not have a registration process (which is probably good, because the ATF would probably confiscate it).

I'm guessing you should keep the receipt somewhere handy so you can prove the purchase date, but a trip to taurus online chat may be helpful here (just record your chat session so you have proof of what they told you).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2412 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I contacted Taurus a couple years ago when I bought my first Taurus (new from Cabelas). I was looking for some registration process, as there had apparently been one online at some point but it was no longer offered. They did not have a registration process (which is probably good, because the ATF would probably confiscate it).

I'm guessing you should keep the receipt somewhere handy so you can prove the purchase date, but a trip to Taurus online chat may be helpful here (just record your chat session so you have proof of what they told you).
    Taurus® no longer offers that service on their website that I can see.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Member #
    Liked
    9404 times
    Considering both NRA and Taurus are in deep doo doo financially, not a bit surprised.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    Quote Originally Posted by badge851 View Post
    Taurus® no longer offers that service on their website that I can see.
    When I read that, I assume you were referring to the online registration. Then I thought you may have meant the chat feature. Wow, their chat feature was handy and responsive when I used it. It's only been a couple months but it looks like it disappeared with their new web site. Hopefully it's just a transition to GA and they'll bring it back once they are settled.

Member #
    Liked
    11368 times
    Just visited TaurusUSA and you are right. They have a newly designed web page - looks to be more tuned to touchscreen with panels instead of hyperlinks. Chat has been removed from the landing pages. Now they lead you through several data prompts to capture all the info they need, I didn't go all the way through the process, but chat was not there. There is still an 800 number to call. Oh well - I always thought chat was just too simple for a major firearms manufacturer to use for issues. Why make it convenient. I don;t see chat available on other gun websites either. Maybe Taurus will bring it back once they get the USA team up and running.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links