Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Afraid for his son's life, father turns his kid in to police

Member #
    Liked
    41780 times

Afraid for his son's life, father turns his kid in to police

Great quote from the father:
    “If he would have stayed out here doing what he was doing, he was going to die. He’s not in California anymore. He’s in Texas and Texans do not play with people stealing.”
    http://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/teen-accused-of-stealing-gun-from-police-burglarizing-250-cars-turned-in-by-father/269-544833866

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    18403 times
    "I'd rather him be upset with me than me burying him because he was on a path to self destruction," said Theodis.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    "I'd rather him be upset with me than me burying him because he was on a path to self destruction," said Theodis.
    Still, I would say that somewhere along the way, parenting failures occurred.
    darbo, taurustoter, Rossi and 3 others like this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18403 times
    I wonder if he would have snitched if they had stayed in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    Rossi and FreeInAZ like this.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Member #
    Liked
    3325 times
    Hard telling what all the scenarios were/are, but even though my kids are grown and on their own, they better not be out there jacking up...they would here from me quickly.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1582 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    Easy assumption to make and even easier to say.

However, as the father of a young man who had some mental health issues, issues that lead to some acting out in ways that could have resulted in legal entanglements, I can tell you it isn't always a parent who's at fault.

Our son was raised in a loving middle-class Christian home, taught right from wrong, taught that behavior and actions have consequences, with adequate loving discipline, and all the other things that we as parents try to teach our children.

He still sneaked out and took our car joyriding in the middle of the night several times when he was just 15. He also had severe anger issues that got him into fights and into trouble - and even ended with him threatening to harm his little brother, his mother, and me. He also threatened suicide numerous times and even made a couple of attempts at it - fortunately he wasn't successful.

We got him help - including six weeks commitment into a residential inpatient mental health facility and a couple of years worth of counseling.

By the grace of God he's doing great now - but it certainly could have turned out very differently.

Where do you think his mom & I failed as parents?

Sounds to me like this dad did what he felt he needed to do, and it couldn't have been an easy choice to make. I applaud him for it. Hopefully his son will turn around - as mine did.
    Last edited by BC605; 04-27-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31568 times
    It sounds like the son was out of control and I commend the father for very likely saving his son's life. Maybe the lad can get control of his life and turn it around.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    8147 times
    The large majority of "parents" would have ignored the situation completely. Now, when a parent does something that any good parent would do, it gets attention. Good for the father - something tells me mama is not to happy right now - probably the source of the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    6506 times
    The father did the right thing in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    22010 times
    At least the father did SOMETHING. This could have had an all too common outcome of burying his son. Now he'll probably do several years and maybe, just MAYBE the father won't have to bury his son.
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links