Afraid for his son's life, father turns his kid in to police - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Afraid for his son's life, father turns his kid in to police

Member #
    Liked
    18402 times
    I asked a guy if prison did him any good. He said the first 5 didn't but the last 3 helped a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    It sounds like the son was out of control and I commend the father for very likely saving his son's life. Maybe the lad can get control of his life and turn it around.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46612 times
    To easy to blame parenting. May or may not been bad parenting. My mom did a great job raising 5 kids on her own. 4 of us have lived crime free lives. 1 even to this day at age of 52 has gone down the wrong path. I blame him not parenting.

When we were kids it was very clear if we got arrested don't call home. We are own our own. Glad we never put it to the test.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    22205 times
    If one our kids were behaving like that idiot the biggest
    fear for their lives would have come from me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5929 times
    Here's my experience in life as a parent: when I see the little "monsters" at my child's elementary school, I always reserve judgement until I see their parents. Almost always, 95+% of the time ...you guessed it, they're giant jackwads too.

Children in general are little walking mirrors. They reflect what they see most.

Now there are exceptions to everything in life. I count my self lucky that my child is: happy, healthy both mentally and physically. We *try* (key phase) to raise her with morals and compassion for others and a understanding that the world isn't always fair, but you get what you put into it, for the most part.

Lots of folks out there today that have no business owning a gold fish, let alone being parents, IMHO.

Good on the dad for doing something before his son escalated his bad ways to the point someone would need to put a bullet in him.

Member #
    Liked
    3832 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    Still, I would say that somewhere along the way, parenting failures occurred.
    Although there are plenty of examples of bad parenting, sometimes the blame falls squarely on the kids.

I've seen kids from the best upbringing go bad, and kids who had every reason to be bad, turn into fine young adults.

Kids are very impressionable, a kind or harsh word at the right or wrong moment in their lives can make a huge difference. A parent, teacher, cop or friend will often decide their fate.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9403 times
    While parents contribute, environment, happenstance, so called "friends" do also. There are also just bad seeds that are irredeemable no matter what help they receive. This father did what he thought he should do - can't fault him for that.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links