Walmart customer wanting hunting license pages employee himself, video goes viral - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Walmart customer wanting hunting license pages employee himself, video goes viral

Member #
    Liked
    3594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    I just call the store operator from my cell phone and tell them to send someone to my department. It's easier than walking around the store looking for an employee.
    The problem with calling my local Walmart is if you ask for, say the sporting goods dept, they will transfer the call, the phone rings until it eventually goes back to CS. Then they transfer it again, and after it comes back the 2nd time they might page someone. Then if no one answers the page after several minutes they get back on the phone and ask you who you were holding for. Or they will just ask you to call back at another time.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33847 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    In a previous career I managed a team that did on-site key system (phone) installations for retail locations. This included programming the system. The programmers would always install a default code for 'system announcement.' More often than not, the store management would never change it so sometimes my guys would go into a store and test it. I have heard in K-Mart stores "Attention K-Mart shoppers: Free milk on aisle 5" and the place goes nuts!! I once had a guy announce "Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis has left the building" at a Target store. Great fun!!
    ....I'd wait until some guy goes into a dressing room, then get on the intercom and say "Sir....yes, you sir...in the dressing room....if you don't stop doing that, you're gonna' go blind".
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    5697 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The problem with calling my local Walmart is if you ask for, say the sporting goods dept, they will transfer the call, the phone rings until it eventually goes back to CS. Then they transfer it again, and after it comes back the 2nd time they might page someone. Then if no one answers the page after several minutes they get back on the phone and ask you who you were holding for. Or they will just ask you to call back at another time.
    I guess I'm pushier than that, and tell the operator up front I'm a customer in the store and can't find anyone in the department and to please send someone there. It's usually the fabric department that they leave unstaffed most times. They don't transfer me to the department phone, they usually call someone over there. If they don't, I leave.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    Why not? They've already trained you to check yourself out and bag your own stuff................for free!
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    The Walmart closest to my house has removed any communication devices from the Sporting Goods department. They used to have a phone there and an intercom they removed both and placed a little bell on the counter to ring when assistance is needed, now the bell is also gone and you have to walk all over for someone to come open the ammo case. was in there last week lady finally came over unlocked the ammo case turned and went to counter her comment " Just get what you need and bring it to the counter". I said should you not stay here and lock the cabinet after my ammo is obtained. Response oh I will come back and lock it when the sale is complete.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46612 times
    In my world local businesses open after I get to work and close before I get off work. Hard to support them with those hours. Then when I do get into some of the local places the prices are just way to high. They have a captive market with the tourists. Here is a recent example, lumber to build a small deck. Local lumber yard quoted $743 plus tax. Home Depot $469 plus tax. Plus last time I placed a good size order at the local lumber hard surprisingly code enforcement just happened to be driving down my road and noticed I was doing work without a permit. Number one all the lumber was stacked behind my house out of sight. Number two the work I was doing did not require a permit per county rules. Later on I learned it was a common practice for the lumber yard employees to rat people out and get kick backs from the contractors that gained the work because the average person can't figure out the permit process.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    22205 times
    That's odd..........
    When I'm in WalMart employees come from all over the store to help me.
    They even bring me things I didn't ask for but knew I needed.
    It's probably my charming personality and my sophisticated mode of dress.
    I didn't go there for 6 days and they sent me an email saying they missed me.
    I found that touching.
    I went back that very day.
    We danced in the aisles.

Member #
    Liked
    7665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ....I'd wait until some guy goes into a dressing room, then get on the intercom and say "Sir....yes, you sir...in the dressing room....if you don't stop doing that, you're gonna' go blind".
    If you are pranking a store from the dressing rooms, the easiest one is to yell out that they are out of toilet paper.

I don't shop at Walmart. I finally got fed up with it and decided that the hassle outweighs the convenience.

Besides, I've never been happy with the idea of buying my groceries in the same store that I get my eyes checked, a manicure, have lunch, get my tires rotated and my taxes done.

Am I the only one that has heard of 'jack of all trades, master of none'?
    ozzy likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    7122 times
    Online is easier.

For Florida, I go to the tag agency -- retired military, I get a license that covers freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, hunting, all WMA fees -- everything other than federal stamps -- for $25.

I understand how the guy feels, though. It always seems like there's no one around at most of the stores when I'm looking to get some help with something.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links